New OEM plastic back in stock!

bhatch21

Broke350, too bad about the purples.  You'll just have to enjoy this for now.  If you have that white 04 in your profile pic, I would pair some black fenders with it.  They would look cool with the red frame.

94%20w%2095%20purple%20med_zpsytcttrab.j

Ha, thanks for the pic.  I actually sold my '05 a few years ago, same color scheme as the avatar pic.  Bought it because I'd been looking for a clean '04 or '05 with that white/candy red combo.  Put a bit of money into it and eventually sold it like a dumbass.  I found my '95 surfing C-list for a decent price and didn't find out about the broken rear fender til I drove 45 minutes to get there.  According to Rocky Mountain I could still get a new rear one, so I had the guy knock off that amount from his asking price and brought it home.  The color scheme was the whole reason for buying this one and now it looks like that will have to change.  Since the frame needs some cleaning and new color anyway, I may just tear it down and change the color completely.

Okay.  Too bad about the busted fender.  It's sad we have to treat these old fenders like rare gold.  How hard is it for a company that still has the molds and is still producing fenders for new bikes to churn out some runs of these old school sets?  On top of that, they won't sell any of the banshee fenders past 06, that they are still currently producing, here in the States because they didn't sell the bikes here.  Give me a break and please take my money!

I've been shopping for a clean black/red 03 or a white/red 04 for a little while now.  Just missed an 03 last week that was on CL for 6 hours and missed an 04 today that was on there for 3 hours.  Don't tell me the market for clean, stock banshees, is dead, because it feels pretty hot.  It would be easier for me to get a clean, stock 88 250r off that guy on ebay that sells 1 or 2 a month.  I've already asked him why he can't find banshees like he does those 250Rs.  Haha. 

• Like 1

I can vouch for my guy in Puerto Rico.  He came through with the fronts, even though the box was too small.  He knocked some off the list price and shipped UPS to TN at $90 for 1 box or $150 for 2 boxes. 

The green fenders would be saweeet

After more research, I think the green ones I saw on the PR banshee page are just Maiers with the 08 bird/flame decals. 

• 4 weeks later...

I lucked out and found a guy selling a NOS 95 rear fender on Ebay for $100.00.  Just got it today and it's perfect.  Way better than the $500+ it would have cost to change the color scheme.  Now I just need to talk to somebody about making some replica graphics since Yamaha doesn't sell those anymore either.

Cool.  Nice score.  I can't ever find fenders on ebay that aren't worn out junk.  Here's my 95 wearing the 99 and 07 red with 2010 replica decals.  I'm gonna change wheels to either chrome or yellow.  You might try my ebay guy named "jcgraphicsnj" for some OEM replicas.  His decal quality is great and he even worked with me on color.  I exchanged the first set he made because his yellow didn't match Yamaha's yellow.  He sent samples and let me pick out the closest match.  Turned out nice.

pic to follow

Edited by bhatch21

• 2 months later...

I contacted jcgraphicsnj on ebay.  He got back to me, asked for pictures, then just stopped responding once I sent the pics..  Said it would be super time consuming, which I imagine it would be to make them exactly the same.  I don't need exact copies, just something similar to the OEM graphics.  I just got the feeling that it would be more effort than he was willing to put into it.  I understand, there's probably not that much of a market for them anyway.   I also contacted Yamatopdog as I saw they were making replica decal sets for older machines and asked the same question.  They said they could make them, but would be easier if they had the oem decals in hand.  I offered to cut up my old fender that's broken and send them the parts that had the decals on them if that would help.  They agreed and actually seemed happy to get them so they could start making/selling them.  So I'll be sending them off later this week.  Should have some '95 replica decals on ebay soon.

Edited by broke350

broke350,

Thanks for the update.  I had the same problem too.  I wanted some of the "flame" 06 graphics that he sells in purple made in red instead.  He just stopped responding.  That's too bad because I really liked the quality of his product.  I will look up Yamatopdog to see what they offer.  Let me know how your deal with them works out.

1000rr,

Partzilla.com has the lowest OEM prices.