fuck twist throttle

Kev55

went for a ride today and wrecked my bike bad :/ Just had installed a new handle bar w/ a twist throttle kit so I was playing, getting used to it. Went off a jump and as i came down it was kinda sketchy and when i pulled back it must have twisted the throttle cuz the banshee just revved up and came up. Flipped me off of it and went on tumbling. since ive put that damn twist throttle on I have had so many close calls where i hit the gas by accident trying to pull the brake lever.

I landed on my ass and didnt have a scratch on me so i really have nothing to complain about but god damn my poor banshee :(

i was actually too frustrated to call it a day because i pretty much had just gotten there after driving an hour, so i just duct taped my front arm and kept on riding my limp shee.

<script src='http://img28.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=img00319201103161443.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>img00319201103161443.jpg</noscript>

damage assessment:

broken A-arm

both silencers bent

broke the ends off on the back of the frame.

plastics are pretty fucked up in the back

went for a ride today and wrecked my bike bad :/ Just had installed a new handle bar w/ a twist throttle kit so I was playing, getting used to it. Went off a jump and as i came down it was kinda sketchy and when i pulled back it must have twisted the throttle cuz the banshee just revved up and came up. Flipped me off of it and went on tumbling. since ive put that damn twist throttle on I have had so many close calls where i hit the gas by accident trying to pull the brake lever.

I landed on my ass and didnt have a scratch on me so i really have nothing to complain about but god damn my poor banshee :(

i was actually too frustrated to call it a day because i pretty much had just gotten there after driving an hour, so i just duct taped my front arm and kept on riding my limp shee.

<script src='http://img28.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=img00319201103161443.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>img00319201103161443.jpg</noscript>

damage assessment:

broken A-arm

both silencers bent

broke the ends off on the back of the frame.

plastics are pretty fucked up in the back

I hear yah dude , Twist Throttle is no good on a quad , My Blaster has one and last year at the dunes it got away from me multiple times , My Banshee will remain Thumb Throttle . sux for your shee dude , thats some serious damage .....

• 2 weeks later...

I like the twist throttle cuz my thumb always gets tired and it feels more like a bike w/ twist but this shit is dangerous idk how im supposed to safety that.

I saw a pretty trick thumb/twist combo at the sand show a couple years back. you could use thumb throttle and when your thumb gets tired, hit a switch that unlocks the twist throttle, or vice versa. I rememeber it being a little pricey tho..

I love my twist throttle all my bikes have one on them. It takes a little getting use to but much better than a thumb I think. Sorry about your bike that sucks.

I saw a pretty trick thumb/twist combo at the sand show a couple years back. you could use thumb throttle and when your thumb gets tired, hit a switch that unlocks the twist throttle, or vice versa. I rememeber it being a little pricey tho..

That'll be the Terry cable dual gasser, moose make one but I think is just a branded Terry cable item. I think they've come down a bit on price now, good idea though.

I've looped out because of a twist throttle too but never that bad. You done did fuck some shit up boy. Haha.

By the way, you need some new front tires. :)

I knew that was coming.

Those tires are shot :blink:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a twist throttle since forever. Hopped on my neighbor's raptor a few weeks ago, about 5 minutes in my thumb was throbbing. :rotflmao:

I love my twister....and it keeps people from wanting to ride my bike :cheers:

That is EXACTLY why I keep mine!

• 3 months later...