New Help On Jetting Setup

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea or starting point for jetting stock carbs to all the mods in my signature and what octane gas would be good. I'm at sea level and wanna set it to a 75 f degree day. I plan on getting porting and carbs to match in time, but for now i wanna jet to what i have so far thanks.

p.s How well do you think this setup will pull a 15/40 gear ratio on dirt, sand,pavement etc.

It's the wiseco 4mm long rod stroker with the cylinder baseplate and 795 wiseco pistons to match. I'm in Mid michigan. Weather temp in summer are usually 75-90 degree, so somewhere in that area i wanna jet it to. It's all stock jetted and I'm just about done building the shee and need the jetting and what settings to put the carb at to finalize it. So something like 92 octane gas, 300 mains, 30 pilots, what about e-clip position and air screw turns?? I'd rather have the main rich to start with then come down from there.

Don't run 310 mains!!!!! You WILL melt it...I just got done jetting my 4 mil stroker...I'm running a 380 main, stock pilots, needles in the top clip towards the blunt end...That'll be a good startin point and go from there.....I'll give you a hint, buy some prodesign intakes w/ some 35mm carbs and you'll gain another 7hp across the whole curve...TRUST ME!!!! Best mods I've done w/ the stroker, they like to breath!!!!

I wasnt tryin to blow your shit up Infidel!!!!!!

i didnt think youd be that high with no porting.

Banchetta is the jetting man so listen to him.

I would like to know what jets you end up using.

Ive noticed people in other states are jetted way different than here in MI

from just pipes to a decent amount of mods.

Jetting can vary from shee to shee and state to state...The only reason why I made such a jump about it, is because I tried running 300 mains on the dyno, before I got to 6th gear, my exhaust pipes were melting my powerdercoating off because it was running so lean and hot....I just didn't want you to hurt the new motor.....Start rich and work down, these strokers demand some serious air flow...Change the whole intake setup and you'll see some serious gains...The stroker is sensitive to the stock intake. Any intake mods will gain alot...I seen 5hp increase from changing my stock intake boots and ported cages to the prodesign intake w/ boost bottle and v-force reeds..Then gained another 2hp across the whole curve w/ the 35mm carbs and had way more low end...Something to think about........

I don't think its that bad at all. When I went to Dumont, it was comparable to others, maybe a little more, but I ride hard....I haven't noticed any drastic consumptions, but that was w/ the stock intakes. I don't have enough time on the new mods to tell yet.....Give me a few weeks...

• 12 years later...

Hi everyone, first time poster and need a point in the right direction. My brothers dumped a 06 banshee at my place that granaded. Resleeved it myself and bore it out 0.001 over, v-force reeds, fmf fatty's and pwr core 2 mufflers, k&n filter no lid, stock carbs, sea level and about 70-90F it's got the stock pilot and a 380 main w/ the needle on 2nd of 6 from the blunt. Got it idling ok but it leans out on a blip of throttle and takes a while to come down. Anyone got an idea where I can start to jet from?