Single Carb

mofoka

I want to get the most out of my ride and I've heard suggestion that a 2 to 1 carb set up is great for trails. I want to play a little more in the bottom end... ... of the power band. :biggrin:

What parts do I need to do that?

Would I reuse a carb?

What would be the advantages?

(Also any other mod suggestions for trails would be appreciated.)

Links and pictures please!

I want to get the most out of my ride and I've heard suggestion that a 2 to 1 carb set up is great for trails. I want to play a little more in the bottom end... ... of the power band. :biggrin:

Would I reuse a carb?

Your avatar is awesome...

As far as the advantages/disadvantages, that has been covered a ton of times, you can search around, and you will find a lot of reading on that subject.

As far as getting one, It's a special kit that you need with the intake parts to convert the Banshee over to a single carb. I'm not sure who is making them now, as I don't plan on running one anytime soon, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Other good mods I have found are +4 timing which will give you some more low end, and a -1 tooth sprocket up front, gives you a little more low end too. Other then that, port work! But thats going to be a little more pricey. It will definately wake up that motor though.

I was looking around and didn't see too much on the advantages except it is good for trails.

I'll look into an adjustable timing plate, I wonder if I can mod the exsisting one. I have a 13tooth sprocket that is waiting for me to put in already.

Anyone have a single carb set up that can vouch for it? Or is it not worth the fun of putting it in?

(...X3!)

I got one that i just put in last winter. I have just a stock shee with t-5 pipes and the singel carb and some othere miner stuff. I love it for the trails its gives u great low-end and its also adds to the mid-range. some ppl say it hurts topend but if it did i dident notice. I would look for the trinity set up like i got with a 35mm carb unless your shee has stock pipes than go smaller on the carb. The jetting is not hard if u call trinity they can tell u how to jet it for your shee. The pic in my sig is the one i have which is made by trinity but i have the airstriker 35mm carb. If u have any othere questions just PM me.

-Andrew

Would I reuse a carb?

List everything thats already done to your bike.

I have a trinity 2 into one setup that i am looking to sell. It has the 35mm Airstryker, thumb throttle cable and clamp on K&N filter. Im asking 200 for it.

i also have this setup and im tookin to trade for 2stock or 28mm carb setup with air box and tor eliminators.

actually id prolly trade it for a jet kit and air box wit k&n and the tor kit and cables.

Edited by raptor 660 r

List everything thats already done to your bike.

Everything is stock that I know except for the pipes. They are fatties with power core 2's. The rest is cosmetic.

i also have this setup and im tookin to trade for 2stock or 28mm carb setup with air box and tor eliminators.

actually id prolly trade it for a jet kit and air box wit k&n and the tor kit and cables.

Send me a PM and some pics

Everything is stock that I know except for the pipes. They are fatties with power core 2's. The rest is cosmetic.

Send me a PM and some pics

Thats not a very trail oriented set of pipes.

The 2 into 1 intake gains on the low end are hardly noticeable and not worth the loss on the topend. I wouldn't switch.

FMF Fatty's and Power Core 2's are one of the best trail pipes ever made...

If anything the fatty is a mid-top pipe like a T5 or the old Gold series. The Gnarly and the SST are fmf's current trail pipes. Nobody runs them, hence no one knows about them, and they never get talked about. A pipe that sees 9,500+ rpm is not a trail pipe. a pipe that peaks at 8,000-8,900 rpm is going to be at max a great low-mid pipe. The best trail pipe fmf ever made was the old school woods pipes. They made awesome low end power. So no, the fatty is not a trail pipe, nor is it an all around pipe. You can't build a pipe for a 2 stroke that covers all ranges. You would have to have a reactive adjustable power valve and an on the fly adjustable pipe.