trails/mx banshee mods?

907banshee

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro my name is Mike I'm here in Anchorage, I've been lookin for other people from Alaska and your the first. I actually am building a Trail/MX bike also. I'm finding some sled shocks off graiglist for suspension upgrades, for the engine I'm going with Toomey T-5 pipes, Noss head with 20CC domes, trail porting from Anchorage Drag Bike, took the airbox lid off, and Wiseco pro-lite pistons, of course I have to re-jet, but maybe that will give you an idea... email me at 907badsheeracing@live.com and I can help you out and give you some more advice

Edited by 278

• 2 months later...

+2 arms with some decent shocks

flip stock rear rims, valve stems on inside, line up perfectly with +2 front end

good tires 6 ply, 22 up front, 20 in the back

skid plates , engine and swing arm at least

higher handle bars - moose makes some nice high ones for $18

a plug kit and mini pump are a MUST , keep them on you at all times

how about a single carb intake? here is my trail bike setup. trail porting, 2 into 1 carb, toomey t5's. timing bumped up +5. noss head with 19cc domes. vforce 2 reeds, suspension is still pretty much stock. and you can play around with your gearing to get the power delivery that you want. you can also cut the shift star for smoother shifting.. here is a picture of my trail shee.

toys001.jpg

im surprised how many people ride trails with no skidplates, you can have all the top of the line stuff you want, but if a rock bounces up 6 inches and puts whole in your case - Day over

Full body skids are a must when you spend thouands of dollars on a suspension upgrades.

im surprised how many people ride trails with no skidplates, you can have all the top of the line stuff you want, but if a rock bounces up 6 inches and puts whole in your case - Day over

x3 for trail riding, skids are a must no matter how high your shee is. my shees a good trail/mx shee too. just eventually needs a -1 swinger. my mods are in my sig.

Edited by lilmegill727

x2 on the no skids. Of course I don't really ride rocky terrain, but no body skid for me and my stocker skid, although badly beaten, works for me. Probably gonna get another stocker cause they have the best ground clearance.

As for cheap mods, remove the airbox lid, take out the drain plug boot. Learn to hydroplane or avoid really deep puddles first. Add exhaust and rejet. Pro Circuits are nice and cheap. Any nice used pipes are good too.

Timing plate +4. This smoothes out your midrange and helps get rid of lag.

Reeds will help out your top end. You can just get the Boyson Power Reed petals and bolt them to your cages. Then cut off the rubber baffles on the cages for better flow.

Get your stock head shaved to make more power. It's the cheapest way and works.

Definately some kind of front aftermarket shocks. I bought my shocks used for 200 bucks. Anything is better then stock. Adjust the rear shock to suit.

TIRES! Raz'r or Holeshot HD's. Definately 6-ply.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. There is no better mod then seat time. Become one with the bike. Until it is a living, breathing, ass kicking, extension of yourself.

Good luck.