"E" clip to pilot jet ratio

SCEADU

Ok I am getting real close now on my jetting. I have the "E" clip all the way down on the rod and am still experienceing a "sputter" right before the PB comes on. It has a "miss" sound until the PB come on fully. Once into the PB it goes into "look the hell out mode" so I think my mains at 320 are fine. I have Fattys with a trail port, stock carbs, K&N filter and the lid removed. If I put 30's on the pilot where should I put the "E" clip? Any thoughts?

you need to set your main / then your E clip lol. / then pilot in that order for it to be correct. put your clip in the middle position with your air/fuel screw at 1 1/2 turns out then do a plug chop. dont ride it for 3 hours and look at the plugs you need to do a plug chop. once you do that get a pic of them plugs and report back.

I thought the pilot was off idle, the main was on the top and the needle is the mid range ? The sputter is near the bottom of the range right before the power band.

what you said except your pilot is idle. that sputter could be not enough or to much gas.

I started in the middle hole and as i moved the eclip down (richer) the response got better. I have no slots so do I need to richen up the mains? I want to get it closer before I do a chop. We know that by moving the clip to the richer side we got improvements so I just need to know where to go from here.