Used fattys on a stock shee.

oh6banshee

Just to let you know I real new to THE GAME, so sorry if the question might be stupid. Im getting a set of used FMF gold series fattys and I was just trying to figure out what I need to do with the jetting. It is bone stock, nothing done, no adjustments made, ridden 3 times. Will I need to get new seals / orings (sorry I dont know). It soulds like all I will have to do is change the main but I just want to make sure. Also wheres a good place online to order what Im going to need. If you guys had to guess how much of a difference will this upgrade make, provided I get the jetting correct.

I would get a set of o-rings for them, you can get them at Rocky Mountain ATV for around ten bucks. What elevation are you at? I'm close to sea level with an open lid airbox set-up. I run 32.5 pilots with 300 mains with my Fatty's.

And the pipes will make a big difference over the stock ones :thumbsup:

I would get a set of o-rings for them, you can get them at Rocky Mountain ATV for around ten bucks. What elevation are you at? I'm close to sea level with an open lid airbox set-up. I run 32.5 pilots with 300 mains with my Fatty's.

And the pipes will make a big difference over the stock ones :thumbsup:

I will be doing most of my riding in Glamis. So what you are saying is just get new pilots (32.5) and Mains (300s), install and go. I dont have to mess with the screw, or the clip position? Also toomey sells the "perfect jet kit" withe the air filter, vents and jets do you think that would do the job? By the way thinks for your time, I cant wait to hit the dunes again and hook up with some other shees and just shoot the shit.

Well that's just a starting point for the jetting, you'll need to do a plug chop to be sure about it.... then go from there. The jetting I described works for me where I'm at, but I'm not sure of the elevation at Glamis. Someone that rides in that area may chime in on the carb settings, but the plug chop will let you know for sure when your dialed in right.

I will be doing most of my riding in Glamis. So what you are saying is just get new pilots (32.5) and Mains (300s), install and go. I dont have to mess with the screw, or the clip position? Also toomey sells the "perfect jet kit" withe the air filter, vents and jets do you think that would do the job? By the way thinks for your time, I cant wait to hit the dunes again and hook up with some other shees and just shoot the shit.

its not a "GAME".its a addiction.its worse than crack :blink: have fun spending some serious $$$$$$.but there is a ton of info on this site :thumbsup:

Edited by johnny boy

Where abouts are you, you might have a shop close by! Or I might be able to look at it myself! There's Yamaha Dealers everywhere out here. Walk in and grab the jets for a few bux! Banshee's love to breath, rip that airbox lid off & throw a K&N Filter in there! You'll need more fuel along with that. The 300's sound close & could be a starting point, definately raise the needle clip [try 3rd clip] & try the a/f screw at 2 turns out. If the pipes ping you're lean & require bigger jets, i dought it it though!

So Cal Represent!! :biggrin:

if you still have stock jetting you might be o.k. i bought my banshee new in utah, the dealer "rejetted for high altitude" i think they put 280's in. i put on fatty's, rem'd air box and installed k+n pods, and put on a timing plate set to +4 degrees. when i was done with all that i was still a little rich. when i went to dumont with that setup i would go up 2 sizes on the main and it runs like a top. the point is that factory jetting is fat as hell, and just pipes should not take you dangerously lean. put the parts on, do a plug chop, and adjust as required.

Edited by fatcracker76

if you still have stock jetting you might be o.k. i bought my banshee new in utah, the dealer "rejetted for high altitude" i think they put 280's in. i put on fatty's, rem'd air box and installed k+n pods, and put on a timing plate set to +4 degrees. when i was done with all that i was still a little rich. when i went to dumont with that setup i would go up 2 sizes on the main and it runs like a top. the point is that factory jetting is fat as hell, and just pipes should not take you dangerously lean. put the parts on, do a plug chop, and adjust as required.

if it was jetted for "high altitude" they would lean it out, not richen it up, stock banshees come with 200-220 mains depending on where you get it, 280s in a stock banshee is crazy!

I live in Tucson Az. When you are talking about turning the air screw out dose that mean counter clock wise? I was going to turn then all the way in then out so I can be certain that I am only turnning them out by the amount I want. Do I need to do a carb snyc after this? Please correct me If im doing this wrong. On a side note to everyone, I called RideNow and asked how much it would cost to jet my shee correctly and they said $300 :blink: It will work out better this way, I wanted to know everything about my quad anyway :biggrin: !

if it was jetted for "high altitude" they would lean it out, not richen it up, stock banshees come with 200-220 mains depending on where you get it, 280s in a stock banshee is crazy!

Blahhhh, I meant to say with pipes on! Blahhhh

I live in Tucson Az. When you are talking about turning the air screw out dose that mean counter clock wise? I was going to turn then all the way in then out so I can be certain that I am only turnning them out by the amount I want. Do I need to do a carb snyc after this? Please correct me If im doing this wrong. On a side note to everyone, I called RideNow and asked how much it would cost to jet my shee correctly and they said $300 :blink: It will work out better this way, I wanted to know everything about my quad anyway :biggrin: !

You're correct!