HELP! just got banshee, what next?

dragbanshee98

No break in, just hook it up and pin it. The internals do not need to seat like rings do on pistons. I shimmed the reactor unit on the intakes, and when I did that, the solenoid had plenty of clearance. I set my automatic purge to run if the bike has been off for 3 hours. Most of the time I don't even see it purge, it'll do it in the trailer on the way home. It's a really nice feature, don't have to have the engine running anymore, it'll spray a fog into the intakes and through the plug holes and keeps everything well lubed.

You got a shredder with yours? I have to cut everything up manually and put it into the feed tube before a pass. :confused: I got to see if I can adapt the shredder to mine, it'll make things so much easier.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No break in, just hook it up and pin it. The internals do not need to seat like rings do on pistons. I shimmed the reactor unit on the intakes, and when I did that, the solenoid had plenty of clearance. I set my automatic purge to run if the bike has been off for 3 hours. Most of the time I don't even see it purge, it'll do it in the trailer on the way home. It's a really nice feature, don't have to have the engine running anymore, it'll spray a fog into the intakes and through the plug holes and keeps everything well lubed.

You got a shredder with yours? I have to cut everything up manually and put it into the feed tube before a pass. :confused: I got to see if I can adapt the shredder to mine, it'll make things so much easier.

i think i may have melted down my engine yesterday. its acting like its running out of fuel or something.

there is something called a gutter purger on the left side? is that what you adjust to get more energy/ juice flowing out of the shredder into the main unit? and when i first cranked the unit up, you know how

the green light blinks and stays on, just like a powercommander unit? well now is red and it blinks.

was yours this hard to dial in?

i think i may have melted down my engine yesterday. its acting like its running out of fuel or something.

there is something called a gutter purger on the left side? is that what you adjust to get more energy/ juice flowing out of the shredder into the main unit? and when i first cranked the unit up, you know how

the green light blinks and stays on, just like a powercommander unit? well now is red and it blinks.

was yours this hard to dial in?

I think you have a plugged line, the shredder may not have gotten everything processed cleanly. I would pull the hoses off and check them for any blockages. That's more than likely the reason for the blinking red light and your problem with it running out of fuel.

The gutter purge is supposed to release all unused fuel at the end of the night. You can't leave fuel in it for extended periods of time or it'll gum up the internals of the reactor. I will open that valve up all the way when I get home and let it purge all night, just to be sure any excess fuel is emptied.

The only times I have problems with mine is when I hit 88mph, it'll start cracklin and popping and acting crazy. I just geared my bike to top out at 87mph and it hauls balls. Make sure you are getting adequate voltage to your unit, it's required to have a constant 1.21 jigawatts. I use an optima green top battery with rapid discharge

I think you have a plugged line, the shredder may not have gotten everything processed cleanly. I would pull the hoses off and check them for any blockages. That's more than likely the reason for the blinking red light and your problem with it running out of fuel.

The gutter purge is supposed to release all unused fuel at the end of the night. You can't leave fuel in it for extended periods of time or it'll gum up the internals of the reactor. I will open that valve up all the way when I get home and let it purge all night, just to be sure any excess fuel is emptied.

The only times I have problems with mine is when I hit 88mph, it'll start cracklin and popping and acting crazy. I just geared my bike to top out at 87mph and it hauls balls. Make sure you are getting adequate voltage to your unit, it's required to have a constant 1.21 jigawatts. I use an optima green top battery with rapid discharge

where are you getting all your info? I didnt get instructions with mine. I was just thinking, the battery

may be my problem. Mine came with a 9.6v r/c model battery. From my experience, they dont last

more than 15 min. on a charge. I bet that's my problem. As for purging the fuel overnight, i could have

sworn up and down that i left the gutter purge open because i could smell h2s (hydrogen sulfide) around

my shed. do you have the hot ratio sensors hooked up on yours? if so what do you have them set to?

Thanks for the help bigboybanshee and sorry for taking this thread on such a tangent, dragbanshee98.

where are you getting all your info? I didnt get instructions with mine. I was just thinking, the battery

may be my problem. Mine came with a 9.6v r/c model battery. From my experience, they dont last

more than 15 min. on a charge. I bet that's my problem. As for purging the fuel overnight, i could have

sworn up and down that i left the gutter purge open because i could smell h2s (hydrogen sulfide) around

my shed. do you have the hot ratio sensors hooked up on yours? if so what do you have them set to?

Thanks for the help bigboybanshee and sorry for taking this thread on such a tangent, dragbanshee98.

I worked closely with the guy who made it, he did all the development while I did the testing and research. If you're running that 9.6 volt battery on the main system, it surely won't function right. The 9.6V is for the gutter purge, it runs on a separate source from the reactor unit...which leads me to believe it wasn't powered up on your bike, which is why you smelled the hydrogen sulfide (not good :sick: ). Basically what you were smelling is un-purged fuel that has bio-degraded. My ratio sensors are connected to my piaaaaps, like you would hook up an O2 sensor. They shouldn't need any adjustment, they're for feeding the reactor unit with data so it'll automatically adjust the shred to burn ratio for the perfect enrichenment.

I worked closely with the guy who made it, he did all the development while I did the testing and research. If you're running that 9.6 volt battery on the main system, it surely won't function right. The 9.6V is for the gutter purge, it runs on a separate source from the reactor unit...which leads me to believe it wasn't powered up on your bike, which is why you smelled the hydrogen sulfide (not good :sick: ). Basically what you were smelling is un-purged fuel that has bio-degraded. My ratio sensors are connected to my piaaaaps, like you would hook up an O2 sensor. They shouldn't need any adjustment, they're for feeding the reactor unit with data so it'll automatically adjust the shred to burn ratio for the perfect enrichenment.

now hold on a minute. the wiring harness on it doesnt have another plug in for another power

source. i may not have all of the necessary hardware for this thing.

i have the other exhaust ratio sensors hooked straight into the exhaust ports

on the cylinders themselves.

im gonna head out to lowes and see if i can find the other hardware.

now hold on a minute. the wiring harness on it doesnt have another plug in for another power

source. i may not have all of the necessary hardware for this thing.

i have the other exhaust ratio sensors hooked straight into the exhaust ports

on the cylinders themselves.

im gonna head out to lowes and see if i can find the other hardware.

That is odd, you didn't see a small plug attached to the gutter purge? That's where the 9.6v should plug into, directly into the purge system. You may have the one with two little terminals and have to run wires from the battery to it. If that's the case, you should go to a local hobby store and buy a quick disconnect plug for the battery, hard wire the plug to the gutter purge, then have the plug hanging off it, attach battery and you should be good to go.

Having the ratio sensors in the exhaust ports is the best place to put them if you're willing to drill into the side of the cylinder. I felt more comfortable putting mine in my piaaaahps since they're a little less expensive.

I always pondered where the "muffler bearings" and "flux capacitors" came from.... Here all this time Hilarious and BigboyBanshee have been crankin' them out on the HQ!!!! hahaaaa, I just read this whole post straight thru and now my abs and cheeks hurt from laughin so hard. Those sound like some sick Sshees you guys got, I'm lookin to totally revamp mine and use the new 2,765 fizzawatt Fiber Optic setup. It has Carbon Fiber centrifigul purge which splts the protons at an alarming rate, thus eliminating the hydrogen sulfide build up problem. It to is compatible w/ the Mr. Fusion kit (best purchase ever) The problem is the conversion is gonna cost seventeen dollars, and I just cant come up with that kinda scratch...

I always pondered where the "muffler bearings" and "flux capacitors" came from.... Here all this time Hilarious and BigboyBanshee have been crankin' them out on the HQ!!!! hahaaaa, I just read this whole post straight thru and now my abs and cheeks hurt from laughin so hard. Those sound like some sick Sshees you guys got, I'm lookin to totally revamp mine and use the new 2,765 fizzawatt Fiber Optic setup. It has Carbon Fiber centrifigul purge which splts the protons at an alarming rate, thus eliminating the hydrogen sulfide build up problem. It to is compatible w/ the Mr. Fusion kit (best purchase ever) The problem is the conversion is gonna cost seventeen dollars, and I just cant come up with that kinda scratch...

Man I have been reading about that fizzawatt setup, it is the shiznit for sure. I am seeing gains of up to 60% just by going fiber optic. I've also seen a demand for muffler bearings lately, if you have any laying around you could probably make the 17 bucks needed to do the upgrade. I'm thinking about ordering mine today :biggrin:

It has Carbon Fiber centrifigul purge which splts the protons at an alarming rate, thus eliminating the hydrogen sulfide build up problem. It to is compatible w/ the Mr. Fusion kit (best purchase ever) The problem is the conversion is gonna cost seventeen dollars, and I just cant come up with that kinda scratch...

whoah....carbon fiber? that would greatly help on weight savings.

i cant get mine running right for some reason. its either off

to the jr. fusion cheaper unit with the gold plated eithernet

firedog support or im going back to my lectrons.

where should i go to get an override tranny? i race 300ft sand drags and dont know what would be the best gear # to get? i was thinking a 4 but was not sure... any help would be nice

I have had great luck w/WCR for the Override. He can cut you a duneable or straight override. I don't have his number right off, but someone here does. You can get them cut by most builders. Dave may be able to hook you up through his buddy Evan or you can call, K+T, RDZ, Rudy Kurtz, Jim Passion, Cam at Redline, etc. etc. etc......