30mm d-slide jetting ?s

elevation is 1233ft. I have t-4s, open air box, pro flow, 30mm d-slide carbs.

i think thats is all I have that would effect the jetting?

the temp is around 70-80 F right now but in PA give it ten minuets and the weather will change.

the current jetting is what was sent to me by carb-parts-warehouse. i would say it is probably155, 53 because he gave me 50's, 55's and 152's, 158's.

on another note I run Amsoil Dominator but I dont mix it 50:1 like the bottle says it is a little leaner(because I was fouling plugs) more like 55:1 and it still gets my plugs wet/dark. Hope that helps.

it runs good but i have noticed when out on the back roads were I can get it going at the top of 5th and 6th gear it has almost no powerband, and I can feel it kinda kickin in and out.

I have read a bunch of posts and had a lot of advice from some old heads but not real sure what to do. I was going to run a br7es plug or maybe some of those iridium plugs in the 8 range to see if it cleans the plugs up but I dont want to risk detonation.

I would do a plug chop and see what you have on the plug. I think you are rich. I would have said 50 idle and 152 main, and you will probably go down to a 150 main with your mods and elevation/temp. Needle on the middle clip.

How is it in the mid range? and it will change when you change jets so you might have to move it up one with a smaller idle and main if the mid range is good right now.

i had those carbs from cpw and had no problem, good carb just need to dial them in. My did not come ready to go, i needed to change them several times, but when i did they blew away stock carbs and a lot easier to adjust once you got them in the ball park.

Hang in there. It is frustrating when learning to dial in 2-stroke carbs for the first time. A rich boog can be confused with a lean one, the plugs will help tell you which way to go on the mains. The idles should be crisp response off idle. If it is, go one higher and see if its the same. A lean idle will be responsive when just blipping the trhottle, and its better to go up one and see if it loses response then you know you were good, if it stays the same then you were to lean.