How good is flushing the crank case? How many people have done it and got away with it?

I already saw your mess in the other post. Buy another motor because flushing that motor is not going to work. You are asking for it.

Brandon

:thumbsup:

Yea I guess if your dead set on not splitting the cases. Sell your motor now while it is still worth something.

Well it just looks like a pain in the ass! I am not a technical kind of guy our moto is pft for a bolt. Pretty fucking tight lol. I dont use a torque wrench but I can get one and do it all the right way. It just seems like what if the crank is bad and the tranny is shot. I will have 1700 in rebuilding a p.o.s. lol when I can buy a used motor for $700-$1100. I am by far no hot shot racer so all I want to do is pop wheelies like I did on my old 250r and tear the shit out of the woods!! How much do you think I could get out of the complete motor with a shot piston like that? I am thinkin about flushing the shit really good putting a piston kit and bore it and sell it like that! I mean how messed up could it be I couldnt see any scratches at all on the crank. I just would like someones opinion that has done it before.

XxMeltIcexX

How much did you want for that motor? How many hours? Can it run off 93? Pm me more info! I have cash in hand and paypal is ready to go too. I am about to buy a motor within the next day.

Shawn

Edited by vortechblown306

Dont try and BS that motor back together and sell it... Sell it as is so whomever buys it knows what

they are dealing with... Just my .02 as we all have been burned at one time or another... Some

more .02 for ya... If you got cash burning a hole in your pocket, pull the motor, take the top end

off and have a builder go through it. It would be that same $$ as you would loose in buying another

motor and trying to sell your mess and fixing up the new one... Ya know... Something to consider!

Edited by mdhc500

Well I am not 100% sure about the motor just my .02 sounds better than yours. For one I dont know if the tranny is good it goes in every gear but who knows, I dont know if the crank is good. It needs bored over and piston kit, new domes, maybe new carbs but i doubt it. You know all that is going to run about $500 in LABOR. NOT PARTS parts is $350 for a crank, $200 for piston kit, $70 for domes, and $170 for a tranny. for a grand total of $1290 and who knows if I just flush the motor out the best I can possibly do put $300 into a new bore and piston kit and $70 for the domes well then its a good deal that someone is going to get if it is all right. So $1290 in something that I dont know much about seems pricy. I thought about doing it all and keeping it but I just want to get it on the rode. Thats my .02

Well I am not 100% sure about the motor just my .02 sounds better than yours. For one I dont know if the tranny is good it goes in every gear but who knows, I dont know if the crank is good. It needs bored over and piston kit, new domes, maybe new carbs but i doubt it. You know all that is going to run about $500 in LABOR. NOT PARTS parts is $350 for a crank, $200 for piston kit, $70 for domes, and $170 for a tranny. for a grand total of $1290 and who knows if I just flush the motor out the best I can possibly do put $300 into a new bore and piston kit and $70 for the domes well then its a good deal that someone is going to get if it is all right. So $1290 in something that I dont know much about seems pricy. I thought about doing it all and keeping it but I just want to get it on the rode. Thats my .02

Good point, I know what its like to want to ride! If you do sell it, just let the person know what they

are buying you know bro...