Nos350

r_flagel222

i was running 15 front 41 rear with 59'' hoosiers on a 10'' gearing was perfect.

i switched to 61'' right rear and was to low in gear to hit band on exit. can you help me with the changes to get back were i was in the gearing?

thanks for your help in advance! ryan

I gess that if you went to a 14 front your going to be too low.

Im going to say get a rear 43 that should put you REAL close to where you where. Keep the higher gearing with you, If the track goes dry-slick you will want to be able to put the higher gearing back on and make the motor chug a little more.

I gess that if you went to a 14 front your going to be too low.

Im going to say get a rear 43 that should put you REAL close to where you where. Keep the higher gearing with you, If the track goes dry-slick you will want to be able to put the higher gearing back on and make the motor chug a little more.

thanks partner... i was thinking thats the way i needed to go but just making sure . points race is real close right now and cant aford a bad night, trying blind! thanks again Ryan

thanks partner... i was thinking thats the way i needed to go but just making sure . points race is real close right now and cant aford a bad night, trying blind! thanks again Ryan

If its bogging too much take some weight off of the LR This will cause it to lift, you will be 3 wheeling through the turn but less traction/drag so you should be able to easely get into the powerband. If things are really bad just rember you have a clutch there Feather that sum bich, fiber plates arnt that expensive. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
well i won one of the heats and took the feature! the taller tires gave me lots of bite... had to adjust air press. to create wheel spin ... but im getting it thanks nos!

Sweet, Im glad it worked out for ya.

Also rember The more the tires spin the hotter they get, increasing the pressure. Check your pressure as soon as you pull off the track some time.

we used to run nitrogen in the tires when we were road racing the RX-7 because the nitrogen doesnt change pressure as it gets hot

Well the nitrogen will expand some but its nearley un noticeable. The biggest advangete i see in running the nitrogen is to warm up the tires on the start (i never do)

2 ways to look at that

1, Warming up the tire before the start leaves you with hot sticky rubber thus hooking up good. Also making the tire consistant in the race.

2, Warming the tire causes increased pressure thus leaving you with a higher inflated tire that wont grab as much,

I personaly dont heat them, IF i ran nitrogen I WOULD,

RB that is something i completely forgot about. A tank of nitrogen from a welding shop woudnt bee too much and last you a LONG time, 2000 psi filling little things like we run would take a while to use up.