jetting and timing

i have trinity mx port and polish cylinders, stock reeds, stock carbs with 280 jets, k&n pod filters toomey t-5 pipes, adjustable timing plate

i am having problems with the timing. i have it set at +10 thats the only place i will run half way good. i was wanting to know if thats bad to run the timing that high. and i see that most guys have theres set a +4 . when i try that it wont even hit the powerband.

i have trinity mx port and polish cylinders, stock reeds, stock carbs with 280 jets, k&n pod filters toomey t-5 pipes, adjustable timing plate

i am having problems with the timing. i have it set at +10 thats the only place i will run half way good. i was wanting to know if thats bad to run the timing that high. and i see that most guys have theres set a +4 . when i try that it wont even hit the powerband.

have you checked compression?

have you checked compression?

no i havent but the top end was rebuilt only a year ago, and with the stock timing plate, and fmf reeds and cage it ran great. so i think i might try some different reed cages like the v force 3. could that be the problem?

I wouldn't go over +4

what should i have for compression? the head has been decked and it has wiesco pistons.

i have tryed the timing at zero and +2 +4 +5, at zero it doesnt hit the powerband, at 2 and 4 it hits the powerband but i almost feels like it is getting fuel cut, so i have been running it a while at +10 and it runs pretty good. i dont hear any pinging or havent had any problems

what should i have for compression? the head has been decked and it has wiesco pistons.

i have tryed the timing at zero and +2 +4 +5, at zero it doesnt hit the powerband, at 2 and 4 it hits the powerband but i almost feels like it is getting fuel cut, so i have been running it a while at +10 and it runs pretty good. i dont hear any pinging or havent had any problems

post-29328-1216685461_thumb.jpg