A Parent's Nightmare

hylander88

Ya i dont know what it is when your young, but when ya crash the go cart, the snowmobile, the quad, etc lol Your more worried about what your dads going to think and if your going to get yelled at, and not if your ok or not. I remeber wiping out hard once, 6th gear pinnned coming over a slight hill, pants ripped right off lol, and the first thing i said to my buddy as i lay there, shee on its side, "is the quad alright lol" I always thought as a young kid people heal, quads cost money lol. Hope your son is alright, and i hope he gets right back on that quad and rips it up!!!!!!! Tough kid that is for sure!!! You should be proud as a father!

• 7 months later...

On may 28, My 15 yr old asked me to take the shee for a spin so I said ok. sitting on the porch waiting to here him go by but no sound of the shee...a minute goes by the phone rings my daughter come out onto get me its him said he recked the bike.....first thing i think of he flipped it crossing the RR tracks run down to where i think he is but to kid or bike start walking the trail back down where we ride......I see him standing at the Y in the trail see the bike just sitting there......doesnt look like nothing wrong....he has is arms straight down at his sides and head down......he said it felt like he lost

steering so i take a closer look at the bike and see the bottom J-arm where the ball joint is and it just blew apart.....and he said he jump off the bike before he hit the tree's.......My Wife get where we are which is right in front of the house on the other side of the trees decides to run him over to the hospital to get him check out.......mean while I'm towing the shee back home......get there the phone rings again she on the line with me" hurry over here he broke both arms, elbow and his one foot.Might

have to rush in to allentown for surgery on his elbow."

wow, hope hes better. so the ball joint blew apart, and caused him to not be able to steer? crap that sucks.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...