clutch issues

My shee will rock forward when the clutch is pulled all the way in. It will also slowly roll backwards in gear if you park on any kind of incline. I figured it was the clutch pulled it apart mic'ed the fibers and checked the plates checks out fine. So i put it back together adjusted it properly and it still does it, maybe not as bad but it still does. Could it be the basket or the pressure plate? As always all help appreciated.

My shee will rock forward when the clutch is pulled all the way in. It will also slowly roll backwards in gear if you park on any kind of incline. I figured it was the clutch pulled it apart mic'ed the fibers and checked the plates checks out fine. So i put it back together adjusted it properly and it still does it, maybe not as bad but it still does. Could it be the basket or the pressure plate? As always all help appreciatedt.

I have no idea what you are referring to but if you park any banshee on an incline in gear, it will slowly move. The ENTIRE engine is turning over. You do not have near the power stroke that you do on a thumper nor the rotating friction so compression slowly sneaks by the rings and it turns over. Just pull your spark plugs and try it.... If you run your comp up to about 250psi, that should slow it down a bit. If your motor is weak, this condition will be amplified. Might wanna look at that top end.

As far as creeping forward, if it does this when running, you have a toasted clutch basket, inner drive hub, or mis adjusted clutch. Plate warp is very rare on these.

Brandon

Edited by blowit

Thanks for the info i didnt know that they will all roll backwards in gear my stupidty. As far as the rocking forward when i rev it up with the clutch in you say it could be the basket or inner drive hub so i will replace both i am sure the clutch is adjusted right. Thanks for the help

i had the same clutch problem. I couldnt get it to stop creeping forward in gear with the clutch pressed in. I built my motor then put a fast clutch in and it still did it. I called jeff and asked why and how to get it to stop and he said its the nature of the beast. I had all new clutch parts. He explained it but I dont remember just said when you start building the motor that the design of the way it works causes it. I dont know but thats what he told me.