YFZ front end

atvfreestylekid

I plan on going to mx tracks just to play around. My friend has a yfz that has long travel suspension on it so I can get the stockers. What all is needed to do the swap? I understand it will sit lower but I have seen how DDQ runs his shee on mx tracks with the yfz front end. So I think it will work just fine for me. Becides, It's free. Do I need anything other than arms and shocks? I asume i'll have to have longer tie-rods.

I plan on going to mx tracks just to play around. My friend has a yfz that has long travel suspension on it so I can get the stockers. What all is needed to do the swap? I understand it will sit lower but I have seen how DDQ runs his shee on mx tracks with the yfz front end. So I think it will work just fine for me. Becides, It's free. Do I need anything other than arms and shocks? I asume i'll have to have longer tie-rods.

u have to cut the lower arms

lot of threads about this

you gota cut some off the lower arm mounts, make/add spacers, the geometry will be a little messed up, but itll be wider..and lower

the videos you have seen of ddq jumpin im 99% sure he had 450 shocks on stock banshee a-arms, once u put those 450 arms on there it sits real low

OK. how about +2 arms? Since these shock are longer than stock, will they work with long travel arms? Then I can later get a pair of elkas. I don't want wide arms setup for stock shocks. What are a decent set of arms that will not cost me an arm/leg? I remember hearing that full flight sucks. What is the deal with them?

OK. how about +2 arms? Since these shock are longer than stock, will they work with long travel arms? Then I can later get a pair of elkas. I don't want wide arms setup for stock shocks. What are a decent set of arms that will not cost me an arm/leg? I remember hearing that full flight sucks. What is the deal with them?

i have heard good and bad things about full flight. However i would imagine that there better than stock. if you decide to go with yfz 450 a arms then i would recomend going with some shocks longer than banshee or yfz shocks. At least 18 inches long from eye to eye. I think the stock honda 450 shocks w ressies might work out real well but not positive?

hope this helps

Yeah. I was just going to go with the yfz arms because they would be free. Will The yfz shocks work with a-arms that are designed to run with long shocks? I'm not buying wide arms that are designed for stock shocks. But I can't afford long travel elkas and wide arms at the same time. So I'm hoping the yfz shocks would work for a while.

Yeah. I was just going to go with the yfz arms because they would be free. Will The yfz shocks work with a-arms that are designed to run with long shocks? I'm not buying wide arms that are designed for stock shocks. But I can't afford long travel elkas and wide arms at the same time. So I'm hoping the yfz shocks would work for a while.

im sorry im not eaxtly sure what a arms your talking about? are they stock yfz a arms with stock yfz shocks or long travel aftermarcket yfz a arms with stock yfz shocks?

thanks

peter