Help or my vacation will suck

It starts fine, but when it gets up to the power band it falls on it face. I just replaced the timing plate and stater with after market. First ride since I did that. I started out with +4 and ran like crap. Put it back down to stock and still the same way maybe worse, and I put new plugs in it because I thought it fouled a plug. I'm in northern michigan on vaction so imput would be great since I'm going riding on saturday maybe.

It starts fine, but when it gets up to the power band it falls on it face. I just replaced the timing plate and stater with after market. First ride since I did that. I started out with +4 and ran like crap. Put it back down to stock and still the same way maybe worse, and I put new plugs in it because I thought it fouled a plug. I'm in northern michigan on vaction so imput would be great since I'm going riding on saturday maybe.

What kind of stator?

I am almost afraid to ask... :ermm:

Ricky stator. :confused:

Well, hate so say it, but that could be the problem, and you may already know that. If possible, I would try a serviceable stock stator and see if the problem persists. Might be hard to do while on vacation...

Did you mess with the parking brake switch? The switch is wired to the CDI and will not let the engine rev much past idle...

That figuars! I bought it and found out people don't have good luck with them. This sucks but you know if you own one. Thats ok I guess I just go Fishing.lol This does suck though I don't have a stock one and can't afford one either. It was a deal at 140 bucks shipped I thought ohhhhh weeelllll. :shoothead:

That figuars! I bought it and found out people don't have good luck with them. This sucks but you know if you own one. Thats ok I guess I just go Fishing.lol This does suck though I don't have a stock one and can't afford one either. It was a deal at 140 bucks shipped I thought ohhhhh weeelllll. :shoothead:

I might be wrong, the stator might be fine. I just know if a 'Ricky Stator' stator is less than about two years old, you are more likely to have problems with it than the 'old school' stators (I hear the newer ones are made by our good friends in China)... :sad:

That piece of shit better have a warrenty or I'm going to be fucking hating on Ricky.

LLLOLLOLO

They will be happy to send you another fine piece of Chinese quality... :yelrotflmao:

I wonder if the submarines they are building with our stolen plans will have the same quality control Ricky Stator does... :woot:

And I hate to say this, but Alba's electrical guy does some good work.. I got one if his rewired stators and Shee's been running fully charged, better than stock!

I had a few probs a while a go, popped that new stator in there and haven't had a prob since. Props to Alba, just this once.. I hate their customer service.