bogging down

Well i just put a set of t5's on and put the jets in and when i start to give it gas it bogs down. I dont know to much about this problem and asked a friend and he said to change the adjust the air screws 1.5-2 turns out and i did that and still nothing. Any other things i can do. Thanks.

I'm just gonna guess and say jetting. I don't know anything about it, but I'm sure someone else does.

When's the last time you replaced/checked your plugs?

You might want to get an aftermarket air filter to help it breathe easier.

his banshee is boggin off idle and your tellin him to put BIGGER pilots in? leave the stock pilots in there

if you followed toomeys jetting directions its gona be rich,at least i know mine was, especially if you still have your air box lid on, ( is it? )

even with my lid off and a k%n ,i find their needle to be too rich on the 4th clip like they recommend, i run mine on the 3rd down from blunt end,and it really cleand up the bottom end

and when you mean bogs.. do you actually ride it, is it hitting powerband eventually afetr it gets through the bog? or is it unrideable and just bogs and dies?

Edited by Michael Jackson

I didnt get directions for jetting. i bought the pipes used from a friend. Yes i still have the airbox lid on with the stock exhaust cause i havent got the chance to get a k@n yet. It idles good but when i start to go and give it gas it goes slow then dies out. Im gonna try putting the stock jets on.

Yes thats right MJ a bigger pilot jet will probably fix his problem. I had the same issue a ways back with my bike bogging when i gave it a quick 1/4 throttle from idle speed.

PanteraCFH420 heres what a pilot jet is and does, let me know if this is whats happening to your bike?

PILOT JET: The pilot jet is a medium size (

a bigger pilot jet is not needed for a stock banshee with a set of t5's , especially one with the air box lid still on and a stock air filter, but whatever floats your boat, go for it

the thing is hes not sure what his pilot jet is? he said maybe 28. Im not positive but i thought a stock pilot jet was 25 right??

im not a big fan of how toomey instruct people to rejet their bikes after installing T5/T6's because i dont think you need to move the clip to the forth spot on the needle. I think its fine and safer in the middle.

PanteraCFH420 you still have not told us your elevation, do you know what it is?

thanks

truthfully im not sure, i think the mains are 28's but im not totally sure....

the next step up from stock (25) is 27.5, then 30, ect

you gota take your carbs about first, check out your main jet, pilot and where your needle clip is that, and then someone can help you! untill then we will continue to guess and not be of much good to you! sorry

yep, it think tghese big pipe companies need to check their info out and test it on these machines they are recommending

i think DMC recommend 30 pilots and 340 mains or something like that?

who writes this crap, seriously

Actually the Dmc aliens call for #30 pilots 280 mains