hard to start

i have a 2000 completly stock bike right now and when i go to start it the thing takes like 20 kicks from cold. i know that i need to clean my carbs but is this the reason it takes forever to start? my foot hurts from kicking by the time i get her breathing smoke.

Edited by Paddleboy

i have a 2000 completly stock bike right now and when i go to start it the thing takes like 20 kicks from cold. i know that i need to clean my carbs but is this the reason it takes forever to start? my foot hurts from kicking by the time i get her breathing smoke.

use somestarting fluid right to the carbs.... it should start right up

use somestarting fluid right to the carbs.... it should start right up

NO! This is just masking the issue. Plus, last time I checked, starting fluid had no lubricant and dried quickly. Not a good environment for your pistons. Carbs or plugs if air filter is clean. Unless it is a weak spark and runs good once warmed up but I would definately start with the former.

SP

NO! This is just masking the issue. Plus, last time I checked, starting fluid had no lubricant and dried quickly. Not a good environment for your pistons. Carbs or plugs if air filter is clean. Unless it is a weak spark and runs good once warmed up but I would definately start with the former.

SP

i dont now if it is good or bad ..... for sure... but i bought a starting fluid in walmart that said to be good on 2 cylces ..... i use it because its better to give two kicks than 34..... some times mine starts right up 3-4 kicks with out starting fluid but some times it takes 324234 kicks to start so i just go an use the starting fluid...

Edited by omalavet

The Boys at CPI told me that starting fluid isnt that bad, they acctually gave me a can a while back and told me to pull my plugs out and spray it strait in there when it wouldnt start. but like you said this is just masking the issue. I had a bad connection in my ignition that caused it to not start all the time, pain it nte ass but it was an easy fix.