Banshee Title

I bought a 2003 banshee last summer from a guy in PA and he didn't have the title for it. The Vin # is still there and hasn't been tampered with and has been run thru the system and hasn't been reported stolen or anything. For over a year now I have been trying to get a salvage title for my shee so I can register and insure it. I have invested over $3500 into her and this is driving me crazy because I really dont want to sell it but I am about to (or trade for one with a title) because I can't even really use it without the risk of getting it impounded. If anyone could help me out on what I could do to get a title for this quad I'd appreciate it. I'm friends with the chief of police in my town and he has been trying to get me a title ever since I've bought it, but nothings happening. I need some advice on this. (Oh and PA police have gone to the guys house whom I bought it from but he claims he lost it, and NY/NJ is being a pain in the ass with this whole situation)

I've been trying to get a new one for a year now and its getting old and annoying. I've even sketched the Vin # from the frame onto a piece of sketch paper for proof and they are still jerking me around. Im getting so sick and tired of this shit that im about to sell it and buy one with a title. my goal is to bring my shee out to tucson arizona where im moving at the end of the summer and get het street legal, but everyone out there is telling me I need a title to do it.

Damn...I've done it twice before, both on old pick up trucks and I had no problem with the DMV.

When I was purchasing a Banshee, there was an older one w/o the title...I would have gotten it, if he had a title. He was having problems reissuing one also. But of course, this is FL, so we can't do anything right.

I went and bought one with a title just because of this.

yea Im about to sell it and just buy one with a title. I bought it stock for $2500 and I'm just afraid I'm not going to get much for it because of the title. It looks brand new with very low hours (afraid to ride w/o title) and its got a bunch of mods.

I purchased a used Warrior from a guy a few years ago without a title. He wrote me a bill of sale with the vin #'s and I just took it into the tag agency and applied for a title. I payed a fee and they went ahead and gave me a registration and I got a title in the mail a couple weeks later.

They must do it differently in that state, though. Hopefully you can get it straightened out without having to sell it.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the OEM replacement frame for $856? If I were to order that would I get a title with it? I really don't want to spend all that money just so I can get a title but that would push me to get it powder coated black like I've always wanted.

I just found these on ebay, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-YAMAHA...sspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Yamaha...sspagenameZWDVW

Edited by Rex789