clutch problems

When machine is cold it will jump forward when going into first gear.Also motor kills sometimes..once I get past that it will be fine all day.Also when cold machine will jump forward starting in gear.what's going on?

sounds like you clutch is out of adjustment. try at the lever and if that dont work tear into the clutch and adjust it there.

sounds like you clutch is out of adjustment. try at the lever and if that dont work tear into the clutch and adjust it there.

did that..i turned the screw all the way in and backed it out 1/2 turn.pointer went back to where it was before,about 1/8 off of the case marking.

I have this same problem too with a brand new clutch, adjusted correctly at the pointer. I'm using all the heavy duty springs that come with the F.A.S.T. setup (I think they were Magnum light springs). I dunno what clutch setup you have but I wonder if swapping out to 3 stock and 3 heavy duty would fix the problem or maybe trying a different viscosity oil...

Edited by tgbanshee

I have this same problem too with a brand new clutch, adjusted correctly at the pointer. I'm using all the heavy duty springs that come with the F.A.S.T. setup (I think they were Magnum light springs). I dunno what clutch setup you have but I wonder if swapping out to 3 stock and 3 heavy duty would fix the problem or maybe trying a different viscosity oil...

hmmm I have the FAST clutch with the easy pull lever that Jeff sells.this is the third season with it and notice a little something last year,but notice like it is now.When I first install the clutch I had no problems at all...

Call Jeff and see what his opinion is then.

Keep in mind every bike is different, your parts have worn differently then the next guys. You can't do exactly what someone tells you and expect it to work perfectly. You got some good ideas from here and using the search hopefully, try 'em out and see what works best.

Edited by okbeast