Front and rear brake together

Ok my friend has a effed up right foot and he can not use his rear brake peddle at all. So were wondering if there is any company that make a kit for a quad or a universal kit for them so he can just use the front brake lever and it controls the rear brakes to just like a car.

I remember a guy with one leg, that rode a dirt bike and he had this setup and said it was the next best thing for him, but i cant remember if he made it or bought it and i cant find the thread about it....anyone remember this....or know where we can get a setup like it?

My other buddys old 91 trailblazer was like this from the factory so you would think i could rig something up if we had too, but would prefer to buy something new.

Hey.. i just remember there was a universal kit for a quad some place, just i cant find any info on it anywhere :blink:

Yeah that sound about right! Im pretty sure it came with a huge master cylinder though.

I wonder if like a brute force master cylinder would be big enough?

BTW this is for a 08 KFX450

D34 had some kind of setup like that on his TT Banshee, although I'm not real sure how it worked. Never seen a kit but aren't all Polaris utilitie quads using just one master cylinder to brake front & rear? Doesn't look any bigger to me, betcha it's just a tee and longer rear line as others mentioned. I would be willing to bet that if you just went with all stainless braided lines and teed into the fronts like right above the splitter it would work perfect with just the stock KFX master cyl...

I had a friend who had a paralyzed arm and had to clutch with his right hand instead of his left.. So he had some sort of brake system that ran off brake pedal.. I know its not what your looking for but.. there was some type of adjuster that would let him control braking power from the front to rear. I'm sure it could be installed on the front master too.

Problem is.. I dont even know who made it and I dont know how to get ahold of him anymore... But.. I know its out there!

My bikes brakes are all set up on the perch lever. I don't have a foot pedal at all. It's done with a diverter valve but I haven't been able to figure out the manufacturer. The guy who owned it before me put it on there.

Look around for a diverter valve though or just go with the long banjo like previously mentioned.

check out these, they should achieve what you are looking for. Snop provided this link in a post a few months back... it's like a fancy banjo bolt that allows you to adjust the amount of pressure going into the individual inlet. look like you should be able to rig one up easy.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294918718

A proportioning valve is what you need to set up the front/rear bias, they can be bought at Summit or Jegs, maybe even your local parts store. They are mainly used on race cars to dial in more or less braking front to back.

I've seen a few 4wd four wheelers with only hand brakes, that control the front and back. They came like that from the factory. I think Honda does it with the smaller utility quads. Might be able to use one of those. Don't know if it pushes enough fluid for the piston sizes of a Banshee's brakes though.

I've seen a few 4wd four wheelers with only hand brakes, that control the front and back. They came like that from the factory. I think Honda does it with the smaller utility quads. Might be able to use one of those. Don't know if it pushes enough fluid for the piston sizes of a Banshee's brakes though.

Yeah, like i said above my other buddys trailblazer is like this from the factory.

Also as i said above also this is for a 08 KFX450, im sure we will git-er-dun :thumbsup: