high reeving and not shutting off

Hopefully you guys can help me. I was out riding my banshee i was riding it fr bout an hour just fine when i had stopped to talk to my dad then all of a sudden it revved to high hell so i went to turn the key. the key was turned to the off spot it would'nt shut off so i hit the kill switch and nothing yet again so by this time im panicing when i decided to pull the chok and kick it into second from neutral to stall it out and i did what the hell happened? the weird thing is that i started it up and moved it like 300ft without it acting up its been shut off since its been like 6 weeks. my upper intake boots where the cross over tube goes is cracked dont know if thats what caused it or not or if its a ripped reed could you guys help me out i would appreciate it.

Hopefully you guys can help me. I was out riding my banshee i was riding it fr bout an hour just fine when i had stopped to talk to my dad then all of a sudden it revved to high hell so i went to turn the key. the key was turned to the off spot it would'nt shut off so i hit the kill switch and nothing yet again so by this time im panicing when i decided to pull the chok and kick it into second from neutral to stall it out and i did what the hell happened? the weird thing is that i started it up and moved it like 300ft without it acting up its been shut off since its been like 6 weeks. my upper intake boots where the cross over tube goes is cracked dont know if thats what caused it or not or if its a ripped reed could you guys help me out i would appreciate it.

I bolded the problem in your post, that's exactly what's causing it, I'm 99% sure.

I had the same problem with my old YZ250, the intake boot got cracked, and with any blip of the throttle whatsoever I'd be greeted with a million instant RPM's. Replace your intake boots and you should be good to go.

it wouldnt shut off because it was revving so high it was combusting itself thats why they install the tors it was running like a diesel

TORS wouldn't stop that. TORS would shut down the ignition if the slides stick, but when it's dieseling, the slides are already down and the ignition IS turned off.

TORS wouldn't stop that. TORS would shut down the ignition if the slides stick, but when it's dieseling, the slides are already down and the ignition IS turned off.

Beat me to it...:)

Easy way to tell if the boots are the problem. Start the bike, douse the boot/intake area with carb cleaner. If the bike looses RPMs, Stumbles and acts like it's gonna stall (or does stall) you found the problem.

Fix it...before you get hurt OR it smokes the motor....

also is it ok to run preston dex-cool anti freeze its 50/50

Do not run the Dex-Cool... That stuff is garbage.

Run something good like engine ice or straight distilled water and water wetter. Or if you want to go expensive get some Evans coolant.

But first fix that air leak!!!