hard starting

low compression

yes, chances are low compression. do you know what jets you have in there? First thing to do is.... check compression. If you have anything lower than 115, tell us. If it's higher than that, then pull the carbs and tell us what jets are in there, mainly pilots in this case.

it has 25s in the pilot hole,250 in the main, too small, it had better not be compression. fresh top end spring 08. how does the choke work. should yoube able to feel suction on the out side above the choke lever where they drill them. i dont have the bike at home its at the cottage(silver lake)

thanks

no. there's no need to be going any richer than 240 for mains. chevytrucks, how many turns are you currently out on those airscrews? just try 27.5 pilots and like 1-1/2 to 2 turns out on airscrews. see what ya get there. asrbanshee, you don't want to mess with the main jet, to cure a cold starting problem. gotta play with the airscrews and pilot jets.....things that have the greatest affect on the low end:)

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for every ones input, i starts 3-5 kicks cold. i love it. got the 27.5 pilot and 270 main. found out for some reason on the carb above where the choke is the plug was missing smashed a lead sinker and it starts it runs sweet thanks again

Edited by chevytrucks84