28mm pwks

ok here it is fellers..my moda are in the sig..I've been trying to fine tune this thing now for like 3 weeks..the problem is in the slow jets..I have a slight bog..if you hammer the gas it will bog but if you do that then hit it again it will take off...I started with a 45 pilot and it seemed like it was lean..the plugs had no color at all while idling and the bog was pretty bad...well long story short I am now at a 55 pilotand the bog is still there but not that bad..the plugs have a dark dark color to them now but they arn't wet..it has me all confused..My top pulls great and plugs look perfect but now ever since I put the 55 pilot in there it has aslight brek up in mid range..(I'm going to lean the needle out and see if this helps...) I just dont know what to do keep going bigger on the pilots or could there be something else wrong..comp is at 145 each cylinder it usually takes about 3 kicks to start and thats weird because with my stockers and same mods it started up on 1st kick...also I have no airleaks or other leaks of the sort..it has to be carbs...any recommendations? Also the airscrew is 1 turn out and I can let it sit there and idle all day and it wont load at all....but c'mon a 55 pilot on my motor?

Edited by endofitall9

Ricky Stator coil, CDI and Stator?

You might as well kick yourself in the balls twice....

The PWK28 carb might share the PWK moniker, but it jets nothing like the larger PWK series.

I'd see what other guys are running for needles in those carbs.

If you have OEM stator, coil and CDI, I'd use those and start over....electrical issues will have you chase jetting all day long to no avail...

see..i can throw my stock carbs on there and it run perfect with no issues..then switch over to these carbs then i start having issues..it is mainly in the slow jet I'm thinking by the time, I'm done I'll have a 60 pilot in there just to get it to run right with these carbs..but yeah daj I dont think it is electrical on this one...

yeah I'll see if i can get my local shop to order me some JJK needles and start all over lol...I now have 2 of every pilot from a 35 to a 58..lol thats $100 in jets..lol I'll see what my buddy has in his 35s and see if i can get it dialed in with those before i buy some..don't want to waste anymore money........

No ,the needles from the larger carbs won't work.JJH or JKH is what i would recommend.On my 4 mill mx port the JJH's worked great,but JKH would of been optimum for my application.This was with 48 pilots,162-165 mains,1 1/4 turns out on the air screws,1st or 2nd clip down. Sea level,65deg.

alright yeah i think im going to have to pick up some jjh needles ill try them and if i can get it to my liking with them that'll be fine but if not I'll keep trying thanks for all the help guys..now for the real question....does anyone have some keihin JJH needles they would want to get rid of?

i feel for ya, 3 weeks of playin myself, 4 mm stroke, long rod, 28pwks. Im at a 45 pilot and 155 mains, currently waiting for some needles i ordered and the jjh is one of my selections. n68a is what ive been told works well in the 28pwk. Carb parts warehouse seems to stock a lot, im in canada and i couldnt find anywhere for needles up here. Keep posted how things work out