Banshee Height (rear)

DJ LiL Mike

hey pplz. I have a 2001 Yamaha Banshee. I dont have any pics right now. the whole suspension is stock. i want to know if there is anything i can do to raise the rear end higher. i know i can add swingarms and stuff. i want to get it about 2-4 inches higher. i am riding on a stock swinger. any mods i can do? i do have a welder and steel i can use if i need to. if i put a +2 swinger on it, how much higher will it go? also, will the tires go pass the grab bar (i have a stock grab bar)? When i do a wheelie and go down and scrape the grab bar, i dont want the banshee to go passed 12 oclock. in other words, will it go beyond 90 degrees? anybody know how i can raise it up? ANY INPUT IS ACCEPTED! thanks! Hopefull i can upload a picture soon.

don't matter what swingarm you use, won't change ground clearance at the axle carrier.

what you need, is change to a higher tire/wheel package.

if you want your fenders to wing upward to LOOK higher, at the grab bar brace where it bolts to the rear fender, remove the bolt, add a 1/4-1/2 inch spacer and replace with longer bolt. this will raise your rear fender tips at least by 1inch. making it look sportier.

i want the seat and plastics higher. i had a 1999 banshee i think it was before i bought the 01 and it was a little higher than this one. the grab bar and everything was facing a little higher. the 1999 banshee got stolen though. so i bought the 2001.i dont have a pic of my new banshee because my baby sister dropped my camera and it broke. however, i do have a pic of my 1999 banshee.

1999 Banshee

DSCF0261.jpg

alli ccan say is that the rear end of my 01 banshee is a lil lower. the plastics and the seat dont face as high. i like it when the seat and the plastics face higher. nice and slanted like the 1999 banshee or a couple inchs higher. the 2001 banshee is like 2.5-4 inches lower. the seat and plastics are almost flat.

from what i can tell. u just want the rear end and frame higher, kinda like putting a lift kit or someting. i heard one guy looking for a stock shee shock cuz he had a raptor shock and it sat to high.. maybe that could be someting to look into... or u could un bolt the rear shock at the top, lift the back end up. and see how much play u can work with. then make a lift kit like 4x4. dont even need to weld anything on just bolts and drilled flat bar. ive put lift kit and all my 4x4 and all were home made hope this helps