little help with my shee its getting real hot on the right side

I finished my banshee and took it for a ride today 5 minutes down the road and back. Long story short the right side was getting crazy hot. Like you could touch one side but the other would easily burn you. It melted the vibration piece that goes from the pipe to the frame. That should give you an idea. Now it was doing this before but not as bad I thought it was the carbs. I got a different set of carbs and I replaced every seal, needle, and seat in the things. It didnt help at all. I switched the plug wires to see if the left cylinder would get hot but it didnt change anything. Heres what I am running FMF gold series pipes, fmf powercore silencers,K&N pod filters no airbox,boysen rad valves. Its got a boost bottle but I know I need to get the crossover tube. Heres whats in the carbs I got 340 mains needles in the middle clip and I am running a 25 pilot. Screw is 1 turn out. I am leaning towards saying maybe I need new reeds? I dunno someone help me out. The crank seals were replaced maybe 8 months ago and that didnt help. The left cylinder stator side has 95 psi for compression and the clutch side wich is running real hot has 100 psi .What do you all think?

I finished my banshee and took it for a ride today 5 minutes down the road and back. Long story short the right side was getting crazy hot. Like you could touch one side but the other would easily burn you. It melted the vibration piece that goes from the pipe to the frame. That should give you an idea. Now it was doing this before but not as bad I thought it was the carbs. I got a different set of carbs and I replaced every seal, needle, and seat in the things. It didnt help at all. I switched the plug wires to see if the left cylinder would get hot but it didnt change anything. Heres what I am running FMF gold series pipes, fmf powercore silencers,K&N pod filters no airbox,boysen rad valves. Its got a boost bottle but I know I need to get the crossover tube. Heres whats in the carbs I got 340 mains needles in the middle clip and I am running a 25 pilot. Screw is 1 turn out. I am leaning towards saying maybe I need new reeds? I dunno someone help me out. The crank seals were replaced maybe 8 months ago and that didnt help. The left cylinder stator side has 95 psi for compression and the clutch side wich is running real hot has 100 psi .What do you all think?

Did it sound like it was fireing ok on that side running decent or did sound like it was starving for fuel, fuel lines delivering ok to both carbs? Im sure more help is on the way.

I checked the fuel lines and there clear no pinches or anything. It seems like that stator side isnt firing as often. But when I switched the plug wires nothing changed so i dont think its electrical. There brand new plugs too. Thanks for the help dragbanshee I love your bike mines almost got the same color scheme. I got a pc blue vien frame With black plastics. Its just running like shit. You think that compression is low it seems pretty low to me?

Edited by GSXKID

Yea its a little low but whats your elevation? Plus you said you just finished your bike what exactly did you do to it just the new carbs or what, did it just start doing this all a sudden or did you do anything new to the bike when it started acting up?

I didnt do anything really motor wise just the carbs. I am at sea level. When i picked it up I got it for $1000 and it was doing the same thing and people said possible crank seals so when I pulled the cases apart the crank was bent . LIke when you grabed the rods and spun it you could see with your eyes that the shaft coming out on the stator side was bent. So i got a new crank and new seals all new gaskets. I dont think its a bad gasket but I guess I will have to look into it.

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Edited by GSXKID

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere, if all of your gaskets and seals have been replaced?? Hows your carb boots (cracking), does it have a boost bottle (cracked?), Possibly a crack in the cylinder or case somewhere?? You should get a leak down test done. You still have the stock head right?? What's your elevation...100 psi is about stock for 5000' or so. If your at that elevation your jetting is WAY rich, but that won't cause an overheating issue like this. We need some more info. Elevation and complete list of mods and complete list of repairs allready done to solve this issue.

I dont know what bore the cylinders are on or if theres any porting or anything done. But I listed what I had done for mods in the first post nothing crazy. Also when its ideling it will idle low then all of a sudden it will rev up then come down on its own.

Edited by GSXKID

Sounds like an air leak. Use some ether or starting fluid and spray it around and when the bike revs up all of a sudden there is where the leak is.

That compression seems a little low to me. At sea level you should still be up in the 130-140 range depending on how worn out the motor is, 95 doesn't sound good..............