Someone with an RS stator, I need your help!

Alright, my bike deleoped a high rpm miss last time out. It has a RS 200w stator on it. I need someone to ohm test their charge coil. Here is what you do.

1. Unplug the white connector at the stator.

2. Get out your ohm meter and hook 1 lead to the red wire, and the other lead to the green wire. These are solid color wires. Report back your ohm reading to me.

Mine is 10.0 ohms, all 3 of my stock stators are 17.5 ohms. Spec is somewhere between 14 and 20 ohms.

which setting you testing it on? i have mine on 20m on the ohm and it reads 0 when i touch both sides. your going to have to talk me thorugh it cause i am electrically retarded

edit: ok i switched it to 200 and it read 12.8

Edited by Bansh-eman

set it at the lowest ohm setting or on auto. Touch your leads together and they should read damn near zero. Then touch one lead to the red and one lead to the green down in the white connector. Make sure the ohm meter leads are not touching anything else or each other. If you cant figure it out let me know and I will shoot a vid of it.

Edited by Snopczynski

yeah I went to the shop and grabbed my other brand new one and it ohmed out to 10.5. So it checks ok.

Snop, the first RS 200watt i got had the same damn problem. Just as the bike would start to pull through the powerband, it would sound like i had a rev limiter on it. Put stock stator back in ran fine. They warrantied it. He tried to tell me it was very unusual to have that problem out of the box :rolleyes: After reading more and more about it on here i think they are FOS

Yeah we will see, I am gonna put it on the dyno tuesday morning and see if I cant get it to stop doing it. I am working on floating a stock stator today to put in there. Did yours do it right away, or did it gradually start doing it? Mine did it after about 4 hours of riding.

Edited by Snopczynski

I floated the ground on a stock stator today, and it seems to rev up ok in the garage. Found a bad plug cap also. Its off to the rear wheel dyno on tuesday for some testing to make sure its running ok. Maybe a little hp number comparison to the crank dyno too! :biggrin: