how much hp

DEADONE

this maybe a dumb? i go to ls all the time and want to know what is a good hp to run with all the drag racers on the sand. right now my bike is putting 55 hp with a stock crank and a drag port, fmf, coolhead and 17cc domes.

this maybe a dumb? i go to ls all the time and want to know what is a good hp to run with all the drag racers on the sand. right now my bike is putting 55 hp with a stock crank and a drag port, fmf, coolhead and 17cc domes.

You have a "drag port" only making 55hp?? I think you just need better porting. You can run a 65-75 hp bike and have alot of fun racing at LS but if you want to run with some of the fastest bikes you will prolly need at least 95hp up and a well tuned setup..

17cc domes on a stock crank, huh? Good luck....

I'd bet 19cc domes would free up some HP...17cc it's fighting itself at higher RPMs.

It'll compete with trail port and light dune ported banshees....which, is what you have.

Forget about running against 4 mils, cubs, etc.

17cc domes on a stock crank, huh? Good luck....

I'd bet 19cc domes would free up some HP...17cc it's fighting itself at higher RPMs.

It'll compete with trail port and light dune ported banshees....which, is what you have.

Forget about running against 4 mils, cubs, etc.

i know i have no trail port there is nothing left on the jugs i wish i would have took pic when it was apart!!

i was told it was a k&t when i bought the bike but i have no prof witch sucks

will going to 19cc make me still have to run race fuel?

Imo if you have a drag port you need better pipes like some cpi's or shears.

My girl's bike on stock porting an T-5s and stock carbs made 52hp on the Ls.

Now there is a little more done to it and pulling @ least 60hp

If you wanna run with the drag racing crowd you better come with atleast 100 HP, around here in michigan if you wanna run with the big dogs you better come with 125 HP or more!!!!!!

robbie.... i had a stock cyln bike i thought was a drag port, jeff said it looked like a clean up port that somebody did with their feet... i even payed for the "drag port " :shoothead:

i had 34 pj's ,and fmf's ... shaved head (19-20 domeish) and +4 timing.... my bike pulled 58 on the ls dyno.

i could beat bolt on 450's all day long, even my buddies 686 craycraft raptor.. but could only hang with 421 cubs about half way ... then it was all cubs.

that my friend is why my motors at F.A.S.T. gettin a 421 cub. i knew if i really wanted to hang with the big boys , i had to move up to a cub.

jeff said it looked like a clean up port that somebody did with their feet...

jeff said the same thing bout my cylinders... :biggrin:

with my setup i can beat modded 450s, 660s, 700s but the cubs put a woopin on me...

I have a ton of fun dragging at LS with my mild setup... i guess its how serous you want to get...

hopefully next season ill be building my 4 mil with agressive dune port and bigger carbs...

Imo if you have a drag port you need better pipes like some cpi's or shears.

My girl's bike on stock porting an T-5s and stock carbs made 52hp on the Ls.

Now there is a little more done to it and pulling @ least 60hp

I agree, the FMF's are hurtin ya some. If it truely is a K&T drag port then go with the CPI's they are what Kim recommends on all of his motors. PM frogger on here, he has the best deal I've ever seen on brand new CPI's.

It's sure, your port it's not a drag port

with my stock crank (welded and trued), drag Port, 16cc dome, +4 timming, vforce, carb etc... I put down 73,5hp at the rear wheel with T5 pipe on vp c12.

55hp looking more like a clean up port

Edited by bansheeqc

How does the bike run? Where was it dyno'd at. Dynos differ all over....so don't go by the number alone.

bike runs damn good,it has hell of top end but not much on the bottom side of things, it was dynoed at phils in el reno. i guess i will try to buy a 4mill and a set of pipes and see what thats does for me, kind of broke right now so i guess it will have to wait till winter witch sucks.

Edited by DEADONE

My bike was tested by a guy in my country on a dynojet dynamometer.

I'd have any time, because in my country, we drag without time, it's the first at the line of 400ft

but, i see a lot of guy on this dyno.

Ex. A guy with a 421 cub, clean up port, 35mm carb, v-force, cpi oof pipe, cool head, race gaz and nitrom