CDI connector/harness

Ok, so i was going through some stuff on a bike i picked up. Runs really strong. I was cleaning up some junk in the back of the bike and noticed that the connector where the CDI plugs into the harness was wrapped in tape. I assumed somebody had done the this for water proofing or whatever. Well when i got it unwrapped i was dissappointed to find that the connector had somehow been smashed. The plastic part of the connector on both the cdi and the harness where it plugs in are broken. :down: the individual metal parts were still ok and had been wrapped with electrical tape, then the whole thing wrapped up. It works but is kind of ghetto, so i would like to replace it. Can you buy the connectors, or am i going to have to buy a harness and cdi? I dont really want to do that. the bike is a 95 so i think that is a one year connector anyway right? If anybody has a bad CDI I would buy it for the connector. Anyone got a junk harness that that connector is good. Let me know if i cant find anything i guess i will just rig it back up for now.

bummer, thats kind of what i thought. screw it, ill put it back the way it was for now. It worked fine so why mess with it on a beater right? NYUK, are there any differences besides the shape of the plug for the diff year cdi/harness. If i got a harness and cdi off a different year (that matched each other of course) would it work ok on my bike? Or are there other diff in the harnesses?

bummer, thats kind of what i thought. screw it, ill put it back the way it was for now. It worked fine so why mess with it on a beater right? NYUK, are there any differences besides the shape of the plug for the diff year cdi/harness. If i got a harness and cdi off a different year (that matched each other of course) would it work ok on my bike? Or are there other diff in the harnesses?

You can just go buy a 4 pin Packard weaterpak connector and put it in there........ :geek: