Finally got it running.

OK finally got the shee up and running and took it for a ride today for the 1st time. It isn't even running right and was able to scare me. I've never ridden one before but i have a LT250r and after riding that shee there is no comparasion. Anyways i did a 2 into 1 conversion and was told to run a 195 main, 45 pilot and eej needle in the middle clip. She is a little hard to get started but once running, runs and idles well. Once you hit powerband about mid throttle she starts to fall on her face and spit and spudder. I tried playing with the needle position and it didnt help at all so Im guessing I should bump up a few sizes on my main??? All the help is greatly appreciated

Edit: LOL sorry i did it again. wasnt paying attention to where i posted :banghead:

Edited by Dick Wheels

"195 main, 45 pilot and eej needle in the middle clip"

Yeah that sounds on, thats what Im running in my single 35pwk and Im spot on. but if you say its boggy in the upper rpms you could try a 200 main and see if it helps out more. Are you running a K&N straight off the carb or are you running the airbox? Ide go down a size on the main if your running the filter straight off the carb.

ok well here is a pic of what the plug looks like, i didnt do a plug chop but that was a new plug when i got it running and has maybe 30 minutes on it. it looks like its right on. the center is a nice chocolate and the plug int wet or overly sooted. But once you get the rpms up enough and get into powerband it dosent bog but it will pop and not rev up fully and lose all power like its lean on the top. i just noticed that the plugs are br9es's. I gotta go get some 8's but could that be causing it?

post-28154-1209583517_thumb.jpg

Well i got it running right now, just gotta fine tune it a little better but its 100 percent better an driveable now. I had a spare 34mm from the dual setup with a 175 main, 52 pilot and a cgj needle. i took the needle out and put the new eej needle in and if fixed my issues. it starts much better and revs nice threw the rpm range and no bogs or pops. im just ognna pay attention to my plugs and judge which way i need to go from here on out