help with jetting on new shee i bought

eric1981

Yea i just bought a 98 banshee and as i far as i know what has been done to it is, Bored 20 over, prolite pistons, dune port and polish with a welded and trued crank, milled head, t5 pipes and 35 pwk carbs with kn filter with airbox. motor has about 6 hours on it. I just rode for about an hour but had to send the axle off to get straightned since i bought it with a bent axle. So it starts up easy with one kick but smokes pretty good. But seems to run fine, othere then runnin rich But as it warms up it wants to die at idle but i figure that might be idle screw maybe. But was going to get some jets when i go out of town this weekend and was wondering what would be a good start on it? I was wanting to get some jets before the axle got back so i could try it out when i got it back together. If i remeber right i think the pilot is like a 190 i think but not sure. Dont have the bike here at the moment so i cant check it out. And i live in kansas as far as elevation. So any starting points would be helpfull and much appreciated. thanks

You are running dual carbs I assume. If so a 190 main jet seems huge. My ported 4mill runs 160s in 35mm pwks.

Ya, its has duels i think that what the kid said it had im going down to the shop after work here in a bit and going to check it out to see what it has. i thought 190 would be huge, Havnt jetted anything in like the last 10 years so im a little rusty. Where do u think would be a good starting point?

Ya, its has duels i think that what the kid said it had im going down to the shop after work here in a bit and going to check it out to see what it has. i thought 190 would be huge, Havnt jetted anything in like the last 10 years so im a little rusty. Where do u think would be a good starting point?

ok jsut checked it has a 148 main jet cant check the pilot cause the idiot before me strip the screws out on the bowl but it just smokes on top end pretty good