Alabama Harescramble May 10th

"2008 Big Dawg 60" buddy harescramble race on May 10th in Springville, Alabama at the "The Ridge" riding park (just North of Birmingham). Buddy (open class), Ironman (solo), family, and utility classes. Check the link for more info, I'll be there with my partner for the buddy race and there should be a pretty good turnout.

http://www.ridgeriding.com/files/kidsmx/08...0Fling%2050.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I had a few mishaps but we still finished the race. He was in third place after the first turn but cut a sidewall on the first lap. He made it back and plugged it in two spots but we lost alot of time. On my third lap I started moving pretty good and passed a few guys until my lug nuts worked their way completely off one back rim and I lost the rim and tire, causing me to spinout. I pulled a lug nut off each remaining wheel with the stock tool kit and had to put the tire on by myself, that really sucked and I saw where the bolt holes were completely egged out but the studs still held up! I made it back and rode my partners 450R on my next lap. Believe it or not, we actually beat at least 3 other teams after all that. The course was pretty brutal, I need to change my springs to get my ride height lower and I'm going for a set of flexx bars. Beadlocks are definitely in my near future too. The motor was great and the rear was really stable considering the track was just about all rocks and tiny woops/kickers the entire way through. Reverse was a HUGE help. Here's a few pics of some of the bikes before the start, me in the pit, and me making the first corner before going into the woods.

quads232.jpg

quads240.jpg

quads237.jpg