runs bad on top end

my wifes banshee runs/bogs really bad on top end. i just replaced the cdi because it went out. i have tried a new coil i had and it still does it. once in he powerband if over 1/2 throtle it will just fall on its face. i just rebuilt do to a broken ring. it rand perfect, and i was drag racing her with my yfz and she fell back and said it wasnt running right. i hopped on and sure enough. like i said it happened all at once. i cant tell if it both cylinders or just one. i have owned banshees for 8 years now and have never had one do this. any suggestions?

my wifes banshee runs/bogs really bad on top end. i just replaced the cdi because it went out. i have tried a new coil i had and it still does it. once in he powerband if over 1/2 throtle it will just fall on its face. i just rebuilt do to a broken ring. it rand perfect, and i was drag racing her with my yfz and she fell back and said it wasnt running right. i hopped on and sure enough. like i said it happened all at once. i cant tell if it both cylinders or just one. i have owned banshees for 8 years now and have never had one do this. any suggestions?

what size jets are you running,what altitude and whats the temp your riding in? my girls she did the same thing, and I had to jump up to a 310 from a 280.

i will try cleaning carbs again. has 310 mains, procircuit platinum pipes and k&n in box air filter freshly cleaned. i dont know my altitude, i think it is about 700-800 feet abov. i dont think it is jetting, this happened all at once. war running perfect one min. and like crap the next. also would reeds act like this or not?

Edited by jeffro189

i will try cleaning carbs again. has 310 mains, procircuit platinum pipes and k&n in box air filter freshly cleaned. i dont know my altitude, i think it is about 700-800 feet abov. i dont think it is jetting, this happened all at once. war running perfect one min. and like crap the next. also would reeds act like this or not?

mine did the EXACT same thing and it came out to be one of the wires that runs to the cdi box touched the silencer stinger by where the pipes meet the silencers and it was shorting out on the metal....i taped it up and it ran perfect again!!!!