FMF Gnarly pipe

yamaha563

That is FMF's lowend or torque pipe followed by the fatty all around increase in the powerband and then the SST that is a more mid to top pipe. They are good if your bike is set up for them. The pipe tells the motor what to do.

what do you mean set up for them??

I run them on my mx/woods bike and LOVE them. but, it is all about what you are going to be doing with it. I ride mostly woods, so the low and midrange hit that these pipes have, make them awsome for what I do. But, if long top end pulls are what you are doing, these are not the pipes for you. They have a real good bottom and mid, but definately sign-off quite early on top. Hope this helps.

I ran them for a couple years and I though they were OK. That is until I picked up a set of PT high revs and holy crap. I never realized how sleepy the motor was. Maybe its just my motor, but the high revs have a MUCH stronger low-mid range than the gnarly's ever did. Throttle response also picked way up. I do mostly trail riding and absolutely love them. The power hit is much smoother with an almost silly top end pull. I'd also take a good look at a set of PT mids, they're supposed to be the pipe all other low end pipes are judged against.

• 7 years later...