THE ULTIMATE DUNNING BANSHEE

Hey guys I need all your dunning experience here, I want to build a banshee exclusively for dunning at Glamis. 120% dunes.

I you were to start with a fresh stock and well cared banshee, what your preferences would be in:

- Engine (include porting shop)

- carbs

- intake

- pipes

- head / domes

- clutch

- sand tires

- suspension

- swing arm

- headlights (I love nightdunning)

- misc. mods

Thank you guys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I need all your dunning experience here, I want to build a banshee exclusively for dunning at Glamis. 120% dunes.

I you were to start with a fresh stock and well cared banshee, what your preferences would be in:

- carbs

- intake

- pipes

- head / domes

- clutch

- sand tires

- suspension

- swing arm

- misc. mods

Thank you guys

And what, exactly, is wrong with your Banshee? Your'Shee is Bad-Ass! Matter of fact, if you get to building your ultimate Shee, I'll lighten the load by buying your SE.... :cool:

10mm stock cylinder motor done by Patriot or another knowledgeable shop.

CPI in frames

35 or 38mm PWK's with clamp ons

beefy ass clutch to hold the power, probably a lockup

55 watt headlights, one spot, one flood

+2+1 a arms with a nice shock setup, Fox Floats, PEP, Axis etc

+4 axle with a matching rear shock

+6 to +8 swingarm

Skat Trak mohawk 22 inch fronts

Skat Trak Haulers in the rear, whatever size fits your taste

Edited by IrideA250R

And what, exactly, is wrong with your Banshee? Your'Shee is Bad-Ass! Matter of fact, if you get to building your ultimate Shee, I'll lighten the load by buying your SE.... :cool:

There is nothing wrong with it, I love it. And I love its stock look. I know if I change suspension, headlights and cut the fenders it will loose the look. That's why I am thinking of building a new one.

But as you should know, everything is on sale. If you are interesdet PM me.

- carbs

- intake

- pipes

- head / domes

- clutch

- sand tires

- suspension

- swing arm

- misc. mods

Thank you guys

Stocker engine (once you start messing with the inside you just have a headache)(Trail port or dune port)

Stocker Carbs (TORS removed)

Toomey T5 Pipes

Cool head (Noss of Fast w/ 20 CC Domes)

Vforce 3 Reeds

Hella 500 Lights (I like both driving lights but some like 1 flood and 1 driving)

PIAA Extreme white bulbs H3 (35 watt unless you have a larger stator)

Dirt digger Clutch

+2+1 A arms with Elka dune edition shocks

+2 to +4 swing arm with Elka dune edition shock

+2 to +4 rear axle

Skat Track Mohawks on front (22")

Skat Track Haulers Extreme 20-10-10 10 paddle

Larger Rad (additional cooling for dead man drops)

Air Box removed

K&N Pods

Edited by nameehsnab

Sure, what's the point in wasting bores in your cylinders. And big bore kits are a waste of money IMO. You're not looking for max HP i don't think just something that will work damn good in the dunes.

Thank you for your advice and excuse my next dumb question, but, what's the most significant benefit out of a stroker? torque? bottom end?

I'd do a 4mm cub motor with a clean up port but nothing special. Definantly more reliable then and stock cyclinder job and will have more horse power and the Aluminum will keep it cooler then then stock cylinder. I'd run a bored set of stock carbs too. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I good builder/tuner can get them to run just as good as a set of 34mm 2-stroke at Glamis DESERT TANK MANDATORY

Thank you for your advice and excuse my next dumb question, but, what's the most significant benefit out of a stroker? torque? bottom end?

Yes, more torque/bottom end, at least that's what I've heard. I personally just have a strong dune port and it runs fine.

As for going with a cub and it being more reliable??? I don't see where this argument has a basis. I mean if ur pockets are deep sure, if you won't be doing any trail riding (at LS there are some "dune trails") then a cub might be ok. I've never ridden a "stocker" cub, only one's i've been on are dragged out so....

For the money of a stocker 4mil I can't find another reason to go to a cub.

Also on the stock bored carbs, by the time you spend the money for someone reputable to do that you could almost have a set of 33 or 34's I would think. But to each his own. Some kind of budget would be nice to know on a thread like this as well.

I thought the Cubs were intended for drags, and therefore for top end, and when dunning I think you are looking for for bottom/mid range power.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the 2 into 1 intake, I think it helps the bottom end and throtle response. Would you guys consider it as a must for a dunner?