cfm aluminum airbox

bansheeonly

CFM aluminum airbox are they any good? Do they help with clearence between the back of the carb and the airbox? Pods are not an option where i ride. I have a boss intake with the crossover plate left off, 30mm carbs, and the airbox plate cut down and it is still really hard to get the boots on and off. Any help appreciated. Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

getting ready to try one out here in aweek or so... i will try to keep you posted :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

just got the airbox in going to put it on over the weekend...

will let you you guys know how it works out...

looks nice :blink: tig welding is uniform...

atleast it looks like it gives me some protection against the spray off of tires when going thru water in creeks and on trails... still going to stay out of the deep stuff(or try) :biggrin: ...

should be good out in the badlands at attica in...

just got the airbox in going to put it on over the weekend...

will let you you guys know how it works out...

looks nice :blink: tig welding is uniform...

atleast it looks like it gives me some protection against the spray off of tires when going thru water in creeks and on trails... still going to stay out of the deep stuff(or try) :biggrin: ...

should be good out in the badlands at attica in...

Did you get some water or sand accumulation in the air box. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this air box have no drain.

Please kept me update, I also interest to that box.

• 2 weeks later...

i have not been able to find the time to finish installing air box... the silencers and tubes needed to be removed to fit air box in place...(t-5's). my mods include v3's,boss intake, and 33 pwk's so i have the adapter boots for carb diameter and choose to try uni filters... yes there is a drain hole up twards the front of airbox between filter mounts... will keep you guys updated sorry its taking so long.. :blush: exhaust is removed and am cleaning up the area while i have apart... maybe this coming weekend????

If this is CFM as in Checkered flag motor sports, you guys need to read up on his history.

He's screwed quite a few people in the past, took quite a few people dragging him through the mud in a public forum before he contemplated doing the right thing, and of course it came with all the excuses.

Dog ate my payment, divorcee and lose half my shit, business partner screwed me....hang nail, you know...the usual.

If this is CFM as in Checkered flag motor sports, you guys need to read up on his history.

He's screwed quite a few people in the past, took quite a few people dragging him through the mud in a public forum before he contemplated doing the right thing, and of course it came with all the excuses.

Dog ate my payment, divorcee and lose half my shit, business partner screwed me....hang nail, you know...the usual.

i didnt have any problem with him shipping the product... it took about 1 1/2 weeks came by us mail... was happy with it and if it would just quit raining and i could manage some free time... i know that cfm is up in michigan... (maybe i got lucky) :beer:

The CFM I was talking about was in PA, then TX or something like that.

Never in MI.

So...either totally separate and different companies (And if so, my apologies to CFM)

or

The scumbag moved to my state...in which he tries to steal from us we'll deal with that accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...

here is a pic it took some doing to get it to fit with my setup th_1247075381.jpg

Edited by JET 99

i had to grind off the mounting tabs on the frame,where the stock air box/coolant bottle attach...threw them in my tool box.

with the boss intake,v-3s,and the 33pwk setup it moves everything back so tabs were in the way of air box...its a tight fit in between sub frame... i think i will really like this set up once dialed in... i am cheating and having a shop in lafayette in. dyno tune it for me (moto-xperts)toby is a cool dude(owner)he did an 05 450r for a buddy of mine and i was very impressed with his work... i will take some better pics and post them when i get a chance...

going to badlands tomorrow.... sat 18th 163747488261_290.jpg clamp ons

1247075381.jpg air box

1247880449.jpgdiff view

1247880794.jpganother

rejetted and dyno tuned by moto xperts in laffayette indiana... toby(owner) is a great guy to deal with and he really took his time and dialed it in... i have the dyno chart it was 36.5ft/lbs and 57.5hp with the airbox installed...

Fast built the motor 4 1/2yrs ago...

+4 timing,20cc domes,stk stroke,woods port,case port,v-3s,33pwks,nology coil w/ wires...

should be a blast and hope to have more pics :beer: