CANT FIGURE IT OUT!

hey guys, I got my girls shee back together after painting the frame. all I did to the motor was took off the tors. it ran just fine before. now it runs horrible! ive tryed everything under the moon that i can think of. it has no power what so ever, it wont even hit the power band. i took the carbs apart and cleaned everything, it had wopping 30 size idle jet in it so i changed it to a 25. the main is a 280, with the needle clip in the middle, i am at sea level. with the air box lid off and it has T5's. i rode it yesterday and messed around with the air screws and it seemed to be getting better, but, not like it should. what else could it be???

it has the ebrake but i took the cable off. dose that need to be bypassed? it wont hit the powerband, and its very doggy, i called jeff and he gave me some pointers. ill try them and see what happens.

but please respond with the ebrake

on the clutch perch there should be some wires goning to a switch pull that switch out and mess with it and see if it makes a different

the e brake perch will kill it . it will idle fine you can start to move then it will just cut out.

Unplug the connector and you should be good.(I think.. is been a year since mine)

I did the same thing pulled the cable off and the bike ran like shit.

Grind all that mess off there to it will look way better.

If I am wrong boy's please chime in. I just cant remember....

the e brake perch will kill it . it will idle fine you can start to move then it will just cut out.

Unplug the connector and you should be good.(I think.. is been a year since mine)

I did the same thing pulled the cable off and the bike ran like shit.

Grind all that mess off there to it will look way better.

If I am wrong boy's please chime in. I just cant remember....

I think your right!

it has the ebrake but i took the cable off. dose that need to be bypassed? it wont hit the powerband, and its very doggy, i called jeff and he gave me some pointers. ill try them and see what happens.

but please respond with the ebrake

You just stated that it did not have the stock perch, if you have ebrake you do have the stock perch without cable. you need to disconnect the wire from the perch and see if that will do the trick.

You just stated that it did not have the stock perch, if you have ebrake you do have the stock perch without cable. you need to disconnect the wire from the perch and see if that will do the trick.

sorry, I forgot i removed the stock clutch perch w/ebrake(too many quads to remember everything!) I put on a moose easypull. so giving that, I dont have any wires going to her clutch, all tors is removed. carbs are in sync. I am going to try to go up to 300-310 jett and try that (per Jeff). if that dosnt work, then I know its something else. I powder coated the frame and maybe i am not getting a good ground somewhere?

sorry, I forgot i removed the stock clutch perch w/ebrake(too many quads to remember everything!) I put on a moose easypull. so giving that, I dont have any wires going to her clutch, all tors is removed. carbs are in sync. I am going to try to go up to 300-310 jett and try that (per Jeff). if that dosnt work, then I know its something else. I powder coated the frame and maybe i am not getting a good ground somewhere?

I would def. check your grounds. It has been a while since I removed tors but isn't there a pair of wires you need to tie together off of the cdi?

I would def. check your grounds. It has been a while since I removed tors but isn't there a pair of wires you need to tie together off of the cdi?

I know the 2 wires going to the thumb throttle have to be tied together. If not, the bike won't even think about running.

Edited by 2001Stroker