2nd gear slipping

I went riding last week and when i got my banshee off the trailer and started riding. I noticed that my 2nd gear slips in and out. I can hardly use 2nd gear anymore. I split the cases and all the gears look in perfect condition and I couldn't tell if the shaft or forks were bent. the shift star is modded and looks great. I cant figure out why it slips only in second. please help.

check your shift drum for wear. also check your forks for the pads to be worn out. or the pin on the drum side of the fork to be bent/worn. Does everything spin freely?

everything spins freely. I rotated the sproket and shifted through the gears (with the top case off so I could see whats going on) and everything went through each gear smoothly. Then i put it together and the same thing happened. the forks are not worn or bent. I guess ill have to open it up again and examine everything very close.

I think I am having the same problem.. Mainly in 2nd gear. It happens only under a load. We ride in the sand, and the effect of the slipping is very similiar to what sand in the chain would be. I call it That Chunking Thing. We have been into the case twice now, this will be the THIRD time. Can't find anything wrong, fixed what we thought was broke and it is STILL doing the same thing. All forks have been replaced, the drum has been replaced and the gears are race cut. I am NOT looking forward to opening the case again!!!!!!