22-11-8 10 paddle extremes

tnr

I have 22-11-8 10 paddle extreme haulers on my bike right now. I bought it this way, but am finding that this may be a little bit much for my bike. I have yet to any riding on some big dunes. I have only rode at Sandlake, and there are only short tree shots. Nothing too long at all. With the mods in my sig., do you think I may have overkill on the paddles, especially when I go and run the bigger dunes. I am definetly going to bring a different spocket so I can gear down. I am just finding opinions if I should go to a 8 or 9 paddle for a better riding experience. Thanks guys.

I think they would be fine. How much do you weigh, what's your gearing?

I weigh 215 lbs. and shee has 14/42 gearing. I went to Cascade today and bought a 44 tooth rear sprocket. Got out of there with only that, could have bought more but the wife got me some stuff from there for my birthday. Not quite sure what she got yet, but I made sure she had a good list. She played it smart and had it shipped to her work so I will not know until this weekend. I wish she would give me my present now so I can put it on. Hopefully shee will do OK at Winchester Bay this weekend, if not slap in the new sproket and hope that works a little better.

The sand was very wet last weekend and never really dried out. It seemed like every night it would piss and then get some scattered showers during the day. Oh well, got about 14 hours of seat time and shee did great. Banshee Hill actually suprised me, I was able to pull through the gears in the bowl area and pick up the front. There was one instance when a couple of four strokers were lined up to race at the bottom of the hill and I followed them up. There is a little area where there is room for only one quad and I was about 10 bike lengths behind. When it opened up to the bowl area I gave her hell and ended up passing both the four strokes by quite a bit. You could see both of them looking over and had this look of what the hell just happened. Very satisfied for now.

post-27448-1207172174.jpg

post-27448-1207172181.jpg