bogging at 3/4-full throttle. HELP ME!

ok, i hope someone would be kind enough to help me, ive been working on my banshee on and off for a month now and cant find the prob. here is whats going on with it. it runs fine especially in first and second but you get up to third + and it boggs terrible at 3/4 + throttle. but you let out of it and it will take off pulling hard again, you give it a tad more throttle and it will bog. i started out with plugs of course, then v-force reeds, then i removed the top end, inspected the weisico pistons, they look new, replaced the rings, inspected cylinder walls, they look good also since its been bored 20 over. i just bought an ignition coil, could it be that? could it be water in the stator cover? or do i have a jet problem?????? please help, the idiots at the yamaha honda place just keep insisting that i trade it for a new one and WILL NOT help me. thank you guys so much, this is a great site!!!!!!! (NOTE) if you rap it to an extremely high rpm in first and second you CAN feel it cutting out, but it does it under a load, sixth gear is almost useless after 3/4 throttle. thanx again

I would say its your jets but it could also be a filter that is getting clogged, or it could be your vent cap on tank .Take off the fuel line and open up your petcock and watch the fuel come out for a min and see if its slows down or stops with the filter on.

Edited by extreem9

I would look at your plugs to see what they look like and report back. that will hopefully tell us whats going on and try it with the air box lid off if you have it on. also check your plug caps. i only say that cuz i have no luck with oem caps.

i replaced the plugs, still does the same exact thing. however, i took the air box lid off and it magnified the effect, it was way worse, bogged at lower rpm and +. i have a K&N filter on it, good filter but i dont know whats going on. do you think the jets?

I would say its your jets but it could also be a filter that is getting clogged, or it could be your vent cap on tank .Take off the fuel line and open up your petcock and watch the fuel come out for a min and see if its slows down or stops with the filter on.

i dont have a filter on my wheeler, i will try the cap idea, thanks a million

I would look at your plugs to see what they look like and report back. that will hopefully tell us whats going on and try it with the air box lid off if you have it on. also check your plug caps. i only say that cuz i have no luck with oem caps.

also, i have a new ignition coil comeing, was this a wise choice to try that??? thanks for your input, i truely appreciate it!!!!!!

For one get a fuel filter dude!!!! For two there is a filter on top of your petcock valve, unless its a modified petcock, It looks like its made of stone.

ok, i didnt know about that one, ill check it out as soon as i get home. i ordered new carbs and new ignition coil. ill run this check before i install anything, thought it might be a main jet issue. thank you so much for your advice.

For one get a fuel filter dude!!!! For two there is a filter on top of your petcock valve, unless its a modified petcock, It looks like its made of stone.

Every stock fuel valve I've seen has two screens in it. It looks like your screen door...but smaller. Long tube (main) and short tube (reserve)

What are ALL of your mods, your riding temps, your weight, altitude...and ALL of the current jetting in the carbs now.

Every stock fuel valve I've seen has two screens in it. It looks like your screen door...but smaller. Long tube (main) and short tube (reserve)

What are ALL of your mods, your riding temps, your weight, altitude...and ALL of the current jetting in the carbs now.

new plugs, k&n air filter, new weisico 20 over pistons and rings, new delta v-force reeds, dynoport full exhaust, jets are after market but dont know what size. the guy before me did this. lately ive been riding in 40-70 degrees, im about 275 in weight. the carbs are factory also, ive got an ignition coil and new factory carbs on the way, going to see if either one of those change anything. kinda thinking its a main jet issue, not for sure though. if you take the air box lid off it makes it way worse. fyi. thanks so much, your time is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...find out what size jets you have....why buy ignition parts if it's a simple few bucks for new brass?

Don't get me wrong..it still could be...but do the quick, easy stuff first.

Try this, gap your plugs down to .018.

If it gets better, that's a good sign the ignition is getting weak spark. If it doesn't make a difference, I'd lean more towards jetting.

Aftermarket jetting is like saying aftermarket rims. Still need to know exactly what size.

Ok...find out what size jets you have....why buy ignition parts if it's a simple few bucks for new brass?

Don't get me wrong..it still could be...but do the quick, easy stuff first.

Try this, gap your plugs down to .018.

If it gets better, that's a good sign the ignition is getting weak spark. If it doesn't make a difference, I'd lean more towards jetting.

Aftermarket jetting is like saying aftermarket rims. Still need to know exactly what size.

i have irridium plugs, cant be gapped. i know that aftermarket jets dont tell you anything, but i just dont know what size they are, i will have to dig into them, my question is that why it just started doing it one day???? i rode it for a couple months and then it just happend. im with you thogh, im leaning towards a jet issue. ur assistance is highly appreciated. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!