dyno results

H2OLDS

ok i just picked up my bike from cycle werks after installing the shearers it dynoed 68.88 hp and 40tq keep in mind this is on stock stroke and cylinders ported by jeff at f.a.s.t i had to go down on the mains from 155 to 148 and its still a little rich.he said when it reaches 100 degrees outside to go to 145 mains and it will pickup about 4 more hp.this number was obtained after 5 pulls and tweaking between runs does this sound about right? oh the mods are pwk33s,vitos intakes,coolhead with 20cc domes,timing at +4,shearer inframes,aggressive dune port by fast.

Thats definitely some high rpm, so it equates to faster wheel travel for the hp number obtained. I made around 66.7 hp on my motor at 8650 rpm with pro circuits, and a low-mid port job. Of course now that I ran it, I bought a dyna cdi, dyna coil, and bumped up the compression and changed out the reeds again. So, I ought to be around 69-70hp when its tuned in.

Edited by Snopczynski

ok i just picked up my bike from cycle werks after installing the shearers it dynoed 68.88 hp and 40tq keep in mind this is on stock stroke and cylinders ported by jeff at f.a.s.t i had to go down on the mains from 155 to 148 and its still a little rich.he said when it reaches 100 degrees outside to go to 145 mains and it will pickup about 4 more hp.this number was obtained after 5 pulls and tweaking between runs does this sound about right? oh the mods are pwk33s,vitos intakes,coolhead with 20cc domes,timing at +4,shearer inframes,aggressive dune port by fast.

Pump gas? what octane?

yeah, but it was tested on a rear wheel chassis dyno and that is not accurate unless compared to other bikes tested on the exact same dyno.

So how do you calculate rear wheel HP off the dyno your using? or are you just going by the number from the output shaft only?

Edited by Fouledout421

yeah i am very happy with the results.i will be doing a 421 cub setup next and am hoping for somewhere around the 90hp range

The 421 I have for sale in the for sale section made 88 horse at 5200 feet elevation last year.... 421s are strong motors.