HID Lights will they work on stock elec. system?

I tried a earch but the search engine kept bouncing me when "hid" was in the search bar, weird.

Over at the Raptor forum they are having good luck with the new lower priced HID light set-ups.

They are on, where else, Flea-bay.

They draw 35w a piece, and specs say they operate from 9v to 16v source.

My question is has anyone tried these, or have any thoughts about why they would work, or not work on a stock Banshee elec. system??

Here is a link, i don't know this seller, never used this seller, not trying to give him business, or anything like that, just an example of the ones the Raptor guys are using. (They have used this seller with supposedly good luck).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...627517&rd=1

A couple of riders have been running these for 6 months without trouble.

Any thoughts on compatibility with Banshee system?

No HID lighs wont work with the banshee's stock wiring system. You have to float the ground on the stator, add a regulator/ rectifier, and a battery. HID's need dc.

Banshee's electrical system isn't DC???? Not arguing your point that they aren't compatible, per se; just that I had always thought it WAS DC..I could be wrong.

Banshee's electrical system isn't DC???? Not arguing your point that they aren't compatible, per se; just that I had always thought it WAS DC..I could be wrong.

That's what I was getting at, I knew it was AC out of the stator, but didn't know what was going to the headlights. Sounds like the lamps are taking AC???

I was going to put a volt meter on the lamp plug this weekend to check the output at idel and revving.

I figured if these types of HIDs would work that you guys would be all over them.

The 5K and 6K bulbs give off about 2x to 3x the useable light of the halogens on the Raptor.

That's a HUGE gain for less than $100, and no upgrade to the stock system needed.

This is what i figured the answer to be, it's almost too good to be true if they worked.