any coating or clear coat to protect my chrome?

motocrossrider68

hey i live right on the salt water and when my bike sits the rust is hard to keep away from all my chrome. i hate polishing my whole bike and making it look brand new to find rust on some of my chrome parts after a while. i am looking for some kind of coating to put over them. i always polish them with mothers that says it protects against rust but i need something that will just coat over the whole thing and keep the rust out for good while still giving it a shine.

let me know if you have heard of anything like this.

any help would be great.

thanks

miles

hey i live right on the salt water and when my bike sits the rust is hard to keep away from all my chrome. i hate polishing my whole bike and making it look brand new to find rust on some of my chrome parts after a while. i am looking for some kind of coating to put over them. i always polish them with mothers that says it protects against rust but i need something that will just coat over the whole thing and keep the rust out for good while still giving it a shine.

let me know if you have heard of anything like this.

any help would be great.

thanks

miles

I tried to post this last night. Someone else posted this link a couple weeks ago. I kept the link, so I can buy some, since I have tidal saltwater running through my backyard.

http://www.nyalic.com/

Edited by 2001Stroker

i posted it on here and ps. i used it on my aluminum intake on my truck. i'm not sure how it will hold up on chrome. their webcite says it will stick. i will say that this stuff does work on aluminum. my intake has been on there for 5 years and still has not tarnished. if someone tries this stuff on some chrome let me know how it turns out.

If the chrome plating is high quality, you can powdercoat a clear over the top of it...it will reduce the shine slightly, but it will keep it from tarnishing. It works on polished aluminum too.

Eastwood also sells a product in a can called "Diamond Clear" that is a spray on clear coat for polished metal.

Lastly, there is a product called Zoopseal that protects for up to a year...kind of expensive though.

Some of that stuff sounds like the coating they put on the Dee Zee running boards and bed rails on trucks. After about two years the clear coating faded by the sun and heat and then started to flake off and peal. Now the truck parts look like crap and I was wondering if the coatings that you spray on or powder coat on will last. Especially the parts with the extreme heat ranges (ie. engine parts).