PLEASE HELP

tooez

To start my shee is bone stock.

This is my first banshee. My elevation is between 1100 and 1150.

Since I got the bike I never got to ride it much. It has had no back break and rear bearings were fried. So never got to ride. Got all that fixed. I put some dg pipes on it while it was apart. (I have not rejetted the carbs yet, because I'm not positive what to rejet them to.)

So here the problem is the quad is down on power so much it won't pull front tires off the gound. IT just doesn't have any power. My old blaster had double the power. It has 100psi on one side and 105psi on the other side.(Is that to low or is fine)

I going to put new reeds in it tonight just because I have them. I will clean the carbs and put them back on. This quad starts on the first kick every time even when cold.

Let me throw some idea out there and you tell me what your more inclined to think the problem is.

1) carbs

2) carbs not synced

3) needs reringed

4) needs to be bore and new pistions (I don't know if you can bore these jugs or do there have to be resleeved)

5) needs to just be rejetted. (If so what jets should be used with dg pipes at this elevation.)

6) stator or cdi not working right.

here's a pic of the plugs

Thanks in advance. EZ

post-28140-1205636356_thumb.jpg

To start my shee is bone stock.

This is my first banshee. My elevation is between 1100 and 1150.

Since I got the bike I never got to ride it much. It has had no back break and rear bearings were fried. So never got to ride. Got all that fixed. I put some dg pipes on it while it was apart. (I have not rejetted the carbs yet, because I'm not positive what to rejet them to.)

So here the problem is the quad is down on power so much it won't pull front tires off the gound. IT just doesn't have any power. My old blaster had double the power. It has 100psi on one side and 105psi on the other side.(Is that to low or is fine)

I going to put new reeds in it tonight just because I have them. I will clean the carbs and put them back on. This quad starts on the first kick every time even when cold.

Let me throw some idea out there and you tell me what your more inclined to think the problem is.

1) carbs

2) carbs not synced

3) needs reringed

4) needs to be bore and new pistions (I don't know if you can bore these jugs or do there have to be resleeved)

5) needs to just be rejetted. (If so what jets should be used with dg pipes at this elevation.)

6) stator or cdi not working right.

here's a pic of the plugs

Thanks in advance. EZ

Did another compression with carbs off I get 120 and 115 on them.

Did another compression with carbs off I get 120 and 115 on them.

You need to be doing the compression test holding the throttle wide open. Having the carbs off would probably work too though.

Does the bike rev? If it won't rev make sure the parking brake isn't on.

Also make sure nothing is stopping up your pipes. Where did you get them? There could be a birds nest or anything like that stopping them up.

Do you get any smoke on startup? Equal from both sides?

Are carb slides opening all the way?

Yes you need to rejet for your pipes. I would start with 260 mains and your needle in the middle clip position. That should give you a start, then do plug chops to get it dialed in exactly. That is if it has stock air filter, no porting or any mods besides the pipes.

I put new reeds in it last night. Nothing in the pipes. I did notice the one of the slides in the carbs didn't open up all the way. It was about aleast a 1/8 to 1/4 lower than the other. So I set them to be equal. Now the slides are equal. I'm going to put new plug in it today and take it out to see how it runs. I will let you all know thanks EZ