ASR American Star Racing

fastrthnu

Some people have had luck, some have not. I am one that has not. Im redoing my banshee for all out mx/gncc racing and ordered some +3 a arms fro them. I also ordered an expensive pair of elka piggyback shock built to spec (to these arms) I purchased the kit with full tie rods and steel brake lines. the tie rod ends didnt come and neither did the brake lines. They sent the right size tie rods but +2 a arms. They blamed every possible variable that didnt make a difference. They insist they are right. I have this message boards info, e2s info with consistent numbers and actual video footage measurments for 2 stock banshee arms proving they are only +2 a arms. I had to open a dispute on eBay and am hoping for the best. They did offer a refund, but what abou the shocks I paid twice the amount of money for build for their +3 a arms! They have refused to send the correct ones and I have concrete evidence of everything stated. It isnt slander if its a fact! For further information and questions, shoot me a PM. Id hate for a fellow rider to have to deal with the same issues, and if you conduct a search on here, you will find Im not the only one. As mentioned, not all have had problems, but many have. Its poor buisness and Im out of a race because of it!

Shannon

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I have the +2+1 on my shee, I have had no problems, svtually they have been very very nice to me, when I first order my stuff, they sent me the wrong tie rods, I called and had the correct length in 2 days, then I rolled my shee and bent my a-arm, and bolt that goes through the spindle, I called, no questions asked, I sent them the bent stuff they sent me new a-arm and bolt..I bent mt steering stem, so I replaced it and when I took everything off, the cone shaped spacers that go on the tie-rods bolts, I couldnt get them out, they sent me 4 new one and 4 new nylon nuts...

When you call do you speak with Mike?

Also, my buddy got a set for his 400ex, when they came, one of the spacers was alittle damaged, nothing serious, I called mike and he sent out all new ones, over night..

I mean they have made some stupid mistakes, but they have always mad things right, also I had no idea what I was doin setting Caster and Camber, mike was on the phone with me for an hour, He's a great guy..

Sorry about you bad luck, It seems to be hit ot miss with them lately, some guys have had some bad luck..

Some people have had luck, some have not. I am one that has not. I'm redoing my banshee for all out mx/gncc racing and ordered some +3 a arms fro them. I also ordered an expensive pair of elka piggyback shock built to spec (to these arms) I purchased the kit with full tie rods and steel brake lines. the tie rod ends didnt come and neither did the brake lines. They sent the right size tie rods but +2 a arms. They blamed every possible variable that didnt make a difference. They insist they are right. I have this message boards info, e2s info with consistent numbers and actual video footage measurments for 2 stock banshee arms proving they are only +2 a arms. I had to open a dispute on eBay and am hoping for the best. They did offer a refund, but what abou the shocks I paid twice the amount of money for build for their +3 a arms! They have refused to send the correct ones and I have concrete evidence of everything stated. It isnt slander if its a fact! For further information and questions, shoot me a PM. Id hate for a fellow rider to have to deal with the same issues, and if you conduct a search on here, you will find Im not the only one. As mentioned, not all have had problems, but many have. Its poor buisness and Im out of a race because of it!

Shannon

My cousin runs their a-arms. I personally think they are rusty and squeaky pieces of shit.

Spend your money elsewhere. Im not going to waste my time repeating the drama i have had with them, but if you look through the threads of the last couple of weeks, you will see. To make a long story short, i ordered a-arms and +2 swingarm from them. The rear sprocket sat too far to the outside of the bike creating a chain misalignment issue. I proved it wasnt my frame by installing the arm on a total of 3 bikes. It fit every bike the same. They still blew me off and insisted i was doing something wrong. I dealt with them off and on for 4 months at which point they won because I gave up. I did some machine work to the arm and carrier and was able to make it work. I am lucky my dad has a machine shop or it would be sitting on the shelf. I am a pretty easy going guy. It takes a lot to get me worked up and I have never in my life had to start openly badmouthing a company in hopes they would take care of an issue. They basically wrote me off in my opinion, and I never repeat never so much as got rude with them. I tried to stay calm and hope they would take care of me. They didn't Their a-arms seem to work ok on my bike, but its the only set ive owned besides stock. I will tell you their powder coating stinks. After 1 trip to the dunes, they are extremely dull and have a couple of chips in them already. I dont know do what you want, but i personally would spend my money with another company. Their first response to problems seems to be to either blame the customer for not putting it on correctly or say there is something else wrong with their bike. Nevermind the fact that the stock components that you are replacing worked just fine. :down::down:

That sucks man.. This is not the first complaint I've heard about boxes arriving incomplete or incorrect.

Think I've read 5 of these complaints in the last six months & that's too much.

YOu should be getting to service/parts for the big bux you spend!

Hope you get this resolved soon..

+3 +1 and i love them... mikes always good to me and fixxed a small problem we had with the tie rods no problem..

fastrthnu, maybe zach45 can measure his arms for you and then when his come out at about 16.5" from pivot point to center of the ball joint, you can ask mike at ASR how come zachs are longer than yours if you both supposedly have the same arms?

i run there arms no issuse so far. i think there service sucks dick. they where like a week and a half before they sent my shit out last year. there PC sucks bad. atleast mine did. i can scrap it off with my fingernail. i had them all scrached put just putting them on. now the bottoms are starting to get surface rust. decent product minus my coating but the service sucks. when i talked to them last year they seemed mad at me because i was calling to see if they sent them out yet. i think i call twice and both times they seems short with me. hit and miss i quess. company wont last long if they keep this shit up. i will never buy from them again even though i like my arms

i was thinking of buying a set for my cuzins shee but after seeing this we are going with burgard for sure

funny thing is I opened a dispute because they wouldnt just give me the facts, well I told them when the rest of my stuff comest hey didnt ever send , Ill see how the toe is wit the right arms, they told me they didnt send them after I turned into an asshole and even already opened a paypal dispute. THey are mine I already paid, they dont have the right to just decide not to send the rest. WTF!?!?!? And they dont leave feedback when you pay. I paid right away less than a couple hours after buying, so that if you leave a neg they can leave a neg. Fuckers. So you never see anyones complaints only good feedback!

sounds like a ass runs the show at asr sorry but i would go burgard over asr

I think Im going to try and sell them after I get the rest IF I DO, and get some +3 or +4 burgards. My shocks are for +3`s, but I can tighten the compression for 4`s. I had burgard +2 before these and liked them a whole lot better and they took one hellova beating!