Dyna tek fs cdi ignition

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt spend the money on one unless you can do a custom program. they dont back down the timing at upper rpms and can cause a motor to blow up.

b ut if you got the software and dyno or whatever and lot of time you can program the piss out of it and get some cool curves.

i used to run one, trying to see if it helped or cause problems. it had custom programs on it though.

i wouldnt spend the money on one unless you can do a custom program. they dont back down the timing at upper rpms and can cause a motor to blow up.

b ut if you got the software and dyno or whatever and lot of time you can program the piss out of it and get some cool curves.

i used to run one, trying to see if it helped or cause problems. it had custom programs on it though.

not so sure that is correct wesw. thats one of the benifits of the programable cdi is that is advances your timing at low rpms and then backs it off into the peak. On curve 3 at max advance i want to say it goes up to like 23 degrees. and backs down to aroud 9? but i cant remember if those numbers are correct. i used to have the info on the standard curves.

although i would agree 100% once you get it on a dyno and get some customized settings thats when it will really shine. you just cant get a perfect curve from the factory that will fit everyones setup.

they are expensive and nice but not a most have. you will notice alot of drag racers use stock cdi's

theres been many topic on ps about it. it does back timing down but not enough when your turning 10k rpms.

and you dont need an adjustable timing plate unless your going to add more timing to the box. which i would do but iknow you guys do.

the ol timing plate is tired and true. very cheap.

but what do i know.

theres been many topic on ps about it. it does back timing down but not enough when your turning 10k rpms.

and you dont need an adjustable timing plate unless your going to add more timing to the box. which i would do but iknow you guys do.

the ol timing plate is tired and true. very cheap.

but what do i know.

yes the stock curves do not drop the advance as much as desired however you can program them to be tailored to your likings. There is no issue with running both the plate and the cdi.

i dont think passion sets custom curves. i want to say Redline? but i cant remember if they do or not. your best best is to make your own if you have access to a dyno. Do a little research to findout what setting will do what and start tweaking it. Use the dyno with it to show if your making gains or not and where in the powerband they are being made or lost

no it doesnt eliminate the plate, i run both. the plate is a static advance doent go up or down with the curve, where the dyna adjusts the advance though the rpm range...

i run mine at _4 on the plate and curve 3 for the most advanced at low rpms

If you had the programming software, you could eliminate the plate..........

Thanks guys i have 1 on the way so it looks like i got to bye the program so i can set it up .Does anyone

no if jim at passion sets them up or some one else THANK YOU.

jim will tell you not to run that. but what do i know.

Even the stock curve in the ignition #4 is supposed to get you better performance. They claim increased spark energy and faster microprocessor technology in the cdi will make it work better. Dont tell me I am wrong, if you do I will post the directions where it says that in them.

The 3 other curves do end up overall being advanced about 4 more degrees on the top, but if you set your timing plate at zero, they ought to work rather well. Keep in mind, most motors dont start making usable power till around 5k rpm. This is different for drag motors. I got the custom program kit also, so I am gonna be tweaking some curves on the laptop at the dunes. I also got a dyna coil.

dyna020.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski