Gas/Oil Type and Ratio

DallasGDub

if the oil is esigned to be run at 50 to 1 then thats where I would run it.

I believe bell ray is a synthetic oil so you could run it at 50 to 1 if thats what it says to run it at.

I also dont see any problem with using a racing oil for trail use. you should be fine there.

as dave said though, read the bottle and see what ratio it says

Thats what got me wondering in the first place. It says 50:1 on the bottle, but it also is Called MC-1 Synthetic "Racing Lube". I am pretty sure it will be ok for now, but after this tank I might switch to a Leaner brand like a 32:1 mix. Something scares me about 50:1 racing or not.

Thanks for the input, sorry for the mix up on the question. lol...

Edited by DallasGDub

Absolutely nothing wrong with Bel Ray oil....quality stuff.

I used to use Maxima Super M before I switched to Alky. Klotz is good stuff, too...

One you switch to to a richer mixture (more oil per gas unit) check your plugs and jetting.

Although you're adding more oil to the gas, you're actually leaning out your jetting a hair because more oil per gas flows a hair slower than less.

It might not make a difference in the world...but "Racing" oil is really just a PR print.

I'm sure it'll be 100% fine for trail riding, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. That was my main concern. I was not really wanting to know what type or mix ratios, but rather if the "Raceing" printed on the bottle was just a selling point like dajogejr said or was it really for race only......I really want to keep the same thing in it as it has had, and I never used Bel Ray so from what I gathered it will be fine.

I seen all the Mix and Ratio questions, I did not really want for this to get into that kind of thread. In my YZ85 I used a Yamalube 32:1 Semi Synth, so you can see why I was like WTF @ the 50:1.