smoking bad out of one tail pipe

rline shee

when you say it might be steam, is there a difference in the color of the smoke? And when you say the radiator, you mean the actual radiator, not the under the seat over flow tank? The smoke is white in color and it doesent dissapate very fast in the air. If i fill the radiator and over flow tank, will i notice the change in water level right away if it is the o ring in the head? You guys rock!

when my head gasket blew, it was the next ride after it got real hot, which i bet happened when you were riding slow for an extended period of time.

mine only blew steam out one pipe, and it would lose a liter of coolant in like 5 to 10 minutes, so yea it will be quite noticable, but maybe not until it warms up. it would be best to monitor the level in the rad.

it would be white smoke/ steam it is the head gasket or o rings(s) if you have a cool head.

i could hardly see behind me the steam was so thick if that helps describe your problem.

Can i montor the radiator level at the over flow tank? if it is a head gasket or o ring(is a o ring on the piston) that will be much easier to repair myself :biggrin:

some times you can tell by the color of the spark plug if you use antifreese...but like i said crank it up let it get luke warm then shut it down then take off the radiator cap if it erupts out then the oring in the head is bad...also if its an oring water will come out your over flow...

:evil: yeah...and that pipe stays cool compared to the other one....that plug stays relatively "clean"...doesnt the pressure test check the head o-ring too...that is what i think it probably is...but just got this motor...no telling really...

dbr

does your bike overheat?the way you are explaining things it sounds like you have an air leak..my bike done the same thing one pipe ice cold the other warm..come to find out i had a crank seal bad on the same side as your describing...