choice of 4 stroke

BROWN

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your gona get a craptor, at least get the 700, not just for the slightly larger motor and efi but the ergos are a bit better than the 660 too and cut a little weight, although they still need some +2's and better shocks (havnt ridden an SE with those shocks but im sure they couldnt be much better than the stiff ass 450- shocks), some higher bars would help too, the stock position you lean too far forward. they shit a shit ton of torque and can lug around a gear too high and stab the throttle and they will just pull through like a train, they are pretty much the total opposite of riding a banshee, yfz's are alot of fun but kinda small and vibrate you numb in 20 mins, either way they both great bikes and ALMOST as fun as the banshee :)

if your gona get a craptor, at least get the 700, not just for the slightly larger motor and efi but the ergos are a bit better than the 660 too and cut a little weight, although they still need some +2's and better shocks (havnt ridden an SE with those shocks but im sure they couldnt be much better than the stiff ass 450- shocks), some higher bars would help too, the stock position you lean too far forward. they shit a shit ton of torque and can lug around a gear too high and stab the throttle and they will just pull through like a train, they are pretty much the total opposite of riding a banshee, yfz's are alot of fun but kinda small and vibrate you numb in 20 mins, either way they both great bikes and ALMOST as fun as the banshee :)

SE raptors ride nothing like YFZs. My 700 is the most plush ride ive ever had anything to do with. On pasture our YFZ beats the piss out of you, and the 700 is smooth as glass.

well thats good to hear that they sorted out those SE shocks alot better than the yfz's... those yfz's are fun and all but god dam , i duno if id be able to walk after a whole 5-6 hour day on one.. ive busted my balls on my friends seat so many times, personally, being a bigger guy, id definitly go with the 700 over the yfz... but theres also lots of other 450's out there that probably put the yfz to shame

you guys need to get ure head right.............

mY CHOICE is NONE . I like 2 stroke's .

lol, Rappy 700s are not push overs. Especailly if you do some things to them. Just ask Kiel. When I get my new hopefully EFI crf450 this year for full time racing, im going to also buy a 700 and then get rid of everything else besides the banshees

Well I've never ridden the YFZ's, but I have a GYTR 700. I wanted that particular model because of the shocks and the color scheme. Night and day difference from my Shee, but the reason I wanted one was for the torque for trail riding. The 700's are the way to go if your gonna get a Raptor, I am very happy with mine.

well i went and did it,i went to the dealer today to look at the 700 and the yfz450 my choice was easy because they sold out of the 700and had 1 yfz450 left,and a bunch of all the other brands,so i got the 08 yfz450,and the exact color i wanted,thanks to all that responded to help my decision in 24hrs.

lol, Rappy 700s are not push overs. Especailly if you do some things to them. Just ask Kiel. When I get my new hopefully EFI crf450 this year for full time racing, im going to also buy a 700 and then get rid of everything else besides the banshees

crappy rappys , i dont care for them........ amazing what you can do to a 2 stroke .

well i went and did it,i went to the dealer today to look at the 700 and the yfz450 my choice was easy because they sold out of the 700and had 1 yfz450 left,and a bunch of all the other brands,so i got the 08 yfz450,and the exact color i wanted,thanks to all that responded to help my decision in 24hrs.

^^^^^^

by the way how is it to ride sand dunes,anybody on the east coast knows what it compares to out here,snow,beach sand,also how does the sand affect you guys bikes,it looks like its real fine but i notice guys who ride sand dunes are able to keep there bikes real clean.

Congrats on your new purchase. I think you made the best decision. The 08 is the best of the yfz450s yet and they can be a killer fast bike for whatever you want to do. If you ever hit up an MX track you will be nailing everybody and if you build it up and get alot of protective atv gear you will kick ass on XC courses. Plus fast through the woods/tight trails. Such a nimble bike and its setup to be amazingly competitive rite out of the box. I think they are the best 4 stroke bike ever made (Ive yet to ride a KTM Can AM or KFX 450) with an almost 2 stroke powerband unlike the 400s and 700s.

Dont get me wrong though I still prefer the 2 strokes over the new 4 pokes they just need more money spent on them to truley compete and I have all of the mods to compete. My next bike will more than likely be a built 250R unless I get a deal thats almost to good to be true on a 450 then Ide ride it for a season or two and trade it for a 250R.