t-rex?

shovelhead

He must not be a very good rider or the bike isnt tuned right lol

Actually he's a very good rider. Been riding the dunes and drag racing for over 22 years. His bike is very well tuned, and we both use EGT's and water temp sensors. His porting is what we believe to be the problem. Kim fucked it up somehow and refuses to do anything to help him out. Told him it was his problem. I haven't talked to him in a while, but I think he's selling/sold it and going with a cheetah or cub setup, or going with a 4-stroke. That setup he got from kim is a joke, just like kims customer service.

Well guys, thanks for all theinput. I was jsut assuming that the t-rex kit I was looking at was already ported & set to go

" Seven transfer ports feed the additional intake area to broaden the power band. Single exhaust port wiht 2 auxilary sub ports equals more total horsepower"

I guess I really did not understand it correctly..

as to what I want to do with it is to kick a little ass in the neighborhood since everyone has 4 strokes around here..

I would really like to get a cub set up, but my $$$ flow is low, but my Yamaha card is good to go..Now if anyone knows of a Yamaha dealership that sells cub setup ..let me know..

I really would like to get top end kit & for right now use my stock crank..?? I am just learning here..so school me!! :blush:

I believe the yamaha dealership here in vegas was willing to sell me a cheetah powervalve. And I was going to put in on my yamaha card. but everyone one is right it will cost a little money to make the t-rex run hard. I got cpi pipes, 35mm airstryker carbs, advanced timing, lightened flywheel, K&N pods, drag porting, and a few other things and it screams with stock crank also. Not to many 4 strokes that hang with me. But Im also getting ready to run alcohol and stroker crank soon. Put some money into your suspension before the power though trust me. Or port the shit out of your bike, cool head small domes cpi pipes bigger carbs and a stroker crank and run it on alcohol and you'll be happy with it and have reliabilty. Come to think ouf it I bought my t-rex from the dealership on my yamaha card. All the bolt on stuff you could buy at the dealership with your card. And maybe do some trading to get some porting done.

I believe the yamaha dealership here in vegas was willing to sell me a cheetah powervalve. And I was going to put in on my yamaha card. but everyone one is right it will cost a little money to make the t-rex run hard. I got cpi pipes, 35mm airstryker carbs, advanced timing, lightened flywheel, K&N pods, drag porting, and a few other things and it screams with stock crank also. Not to many 4 strokes that hang with me. But Im also getting ready to run alcohol and stroker crank soon. Put some money into your suspension before the power though trust me. Or port the shit out of your bike, cool head small domes cpi pipes bigger carbs and a stroker crank and run it on alcohol and you'll be happy with it and have reliabilty. Come to think ouf it I bought my t-rex from the dealership on my yamaha card. All the bolt on stuff you could buy at the dealership with your card. And maybe do some trading to get some porting done.

Thanks for info. I think your right ..without suspension & handling all the power in world isn't going to help that much unless maybe in a straight line. Good advise. I appreciate all the help guys..I think I will do just that ..suspension, new carbs , port my shit I have now & cool head..go from there.. I will Save up for that Cub ,,,,many thanks!